facebook

about tiers...

by: sororityStar

I posted this somewhere else, but I want everyone to see it!

Earlier this year, I attended a Greek leadership workshop where we were posed the question, "what is the one thing you would work to change about the community?" About 75% of the answers were "get rid of the idea of tiers!"--and it was mostly members of "top tier" houses that were saying it! Tiers are something that exist exclusively on this website, no one in the community actually believes in them and most people hate them because it makes the Greek community look more pretentious and shallow as a whole. Also, everyone is friends with each other, would you EVER label one of your friends as "on a lower tier" than you? Absolutely not! Tiers are the result of outsider speculation, not anything the Greek community actually stands for!
To continue my answer, you will literally never not be invited to a party because "oh her house isn't high enough tier." Every chapter plans events with each other to get to know each other better, so as long as you go to these events, you are guaranteed friends in a variety of houses! Join the house that you think complements your personality best, not the one that you "think" is top tier. As someone who almost joined a house purely because it was "top tier" according to this site, I can honestly say it would have been a terrible decision on my end. I've gotten to know the girls of that house since, and they're great... But they're not my sisters and never would have been!

Posted By: sororityStar
Post Reply Report

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.