facebook

questions about formal recruitment

by:    

I'm a freshman & have some last minute questions.... 1) how stressful is it? I have heard it's one of the most stressful weeks some girls have had. 2) will it take away from my academics? 3) are meetings mandatory? I have a class that most sororities have their dinner/weekly meetings on, hoping I don't have to switch it. 4) do's and don'ts of rushing? Or how to make a lasting impression?

Posted By: Nervous
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Chill

By: Chill

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Chill   

Sorry I just want to know if it's right for me as its a lot of money!! Some helpful "sister" you are

By: Chill
#2by:    

1. I promise you, the girls recruiting are more nervous than you are. This isn't an interview, it's a casual conversation between people who might be your future sisters! Relax and have fun!
2. You can be dropped from an organization of your academics are failing, therefore most girls are studious and grades are a big deal.
3. You get as much out as you put in. It's only a huge time commitment if you want it to be.
4. Be yourself! People can tell when you're genuine and happy to be there!

By: Gopher
#3by:    

Hi! Please don't be nervous about recruitment, it can be stressful but it's worth it when you find your sisters! Honestly, there is a reason that so many people say "going greek was the best decision of my life," don't let recruitment scare you away from some amazing experiences :)

To answer your questions:
1. Recruitment is stressful in the following ways: you need to be at your respective meeting spot by like 8 am everyday, so you have to wake up pretty early to primp for the day. Events last for, if I remember correctly, 8 hours... So the days are long! You basically visit every house and talk to a few girls in each, so if you're not naturally a bubbly person, it can be exhausting to put on a smiling face and have the same conversations over and over again as you visit each new house. DON'T be late to any of your meetings!! If you're late, you will not be allowed to enter the house, which means you are for sure dropped from that house and you may be kicked out of recruitment altogether! This is probably the single most stressful aspect of recruitment, you will definitely see girls hoofing it between houses to avoid being late!

I feel like the other questions have already been answered well, however I just want to add that you will be given a presentation on the "dos and donts" of rushing, so don't stress! Also, though weekly meetings will make exceptions for classes, you may find that you don't WANT to miss them anyways as it helps you stay connected to your chapter!

By: sororityStar
#4by:    

I just want to say thanks to those who were extremely kind enough to take their time to answer my questions! :) I know it was a lot, but I've been stressing about it, it was very helpful! :)

By: Nervous

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.