facebook

How popular are Greek life / Greek LLCs?

by: new+curious

I’m an incoming freshman hopefully rushing in the fall, and I’m curious how popular Greek life is. The posts I’ve seen about this on greekrank seem mostly outdated, and I’d love to hear more current perspectives. Do a lot of people rush/do many people who rush not get any bids? Also, are sorority/Greek living learning communities worth it to meet other people who’re rushing? Thanks!

Posted By: new+curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Try it!   

Greek life isn’t big here and definitely Riley won’t make you popular. If you are cute, the frats will let you in their parties even if you aren’t in a sorority.

However, if you are looking to meet a lot of friends and the sisterhood part of Greek life, I highly recommend it. It’s really low key here and not the typical fake sorority crap like on other campuses. Love my sisters. Love my house.

I don’t know a thing about the LLCs. I didn’t choose one bad easily made friends during recruitment.

By: Try it!
#2  by: boy   

can’t speak on the sorority rush aspect but I know the greek LLC is a great way to meet like-minded, social people even before rushing. makes being in the greek community so much better knowing people in a lot of the other houses so highly recommend that if you’re considering it!

By: boy
#3  by: vp recruitment    

For the sororities, if you go all the way through formal recruitment and attend every party on your schedule you WILL get a bid from a chapter. People who don't get bids through formal rush either intentionally preference only one chapter or skipped parties throughout the process. Another option is informal recruitment but there is no guarantee that you will get a bid from it or even that every chapter will participate.

As far as the Greek LLC, it's a cool concept but from what I've heard a lot of people in it don't even end up joining Greek life.

Even though Greek life isn't massive here I still think it's super fun and worth checking out at minimum!

By: vp recruitment
#4  by: Waste of money   

U of M is not a Greek school…..period.

By: Waste of money
#5  by: Tianna    

Greek life here is a huge joke. It is not relevant. It damn sure is not the SEC Conference. Take a trip down to Auburn,Florida, Ole Miss , Nama and we will show what Greek life is all about. Don’t bother rushing . Waste of time,

By: Tianna
by: Just sayingMay 3, 2023 2:16:23 PM

I like Nama as much as I like Narkasm

By: Just saying
#6  by: Sorority girl   

I am in a chapter and I have met some of my best friends. As much as we are not a big “greek school,” the more important parts like sisterhood and finding a great group of like minded people is definitely something you can find. The houses are nice and usually have fun events that keep us busy. I am glad I joined and I would recommend going through recruitment just to try it.

By: Sorority girl
by: Sorority girlMay 24, 2023 10:59:58 PM

also I lived in the Greek LLC and it’s a great way to meet people the first few weeks of class!

By: Sorority girl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.