facebook

sorority recruitment considerations/factors

by:    

I have heard if you are from mn sororities will want you more if you are from certain high schools. Is this true? If so which high school are good and which are bad? How much does it matter?

Posted By: Future college gal
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

No, it really doesn't have a lot to do with where you're from. Knowing people in a sorority doesn't hurt though and that's much more of a factor than where you went to school.

There are tons of girls that come to the U from out of state, know no one and get into a house they like. Don't worry about.

By: minnesota

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Unfortunately this is true. None of the sororities discriminate based on where you are from, so there are no “bad” hometowns for recruitment per say. But, being from certain cities that have prestigious reputations/ a lot of girls from that city in a house, it will go far in your advantage. For example

Alpha Phi- Edina
KKG - eden prairie
Pi Phi - Wayzata

Minnetonka and maple grove have a lot of girls in sororities as well.

By: True
by: Not True   

This is so dumb!

Alpha Phi - They could care less where you are from they only care about what you look like.

KKG - No one even likes the Eden Prairie girls in this house. When is Eden Prairie prestigious when it's nickname is Somali Prairie?

Pi Phi - It's definitely not based on Wayzata or where you come from for this house. They recruit the girls who won't get a bid from KKG or A Phi.

Just be yourself - it does not matter where you come from or went to HS.

By: Not True
#3by:    

so it’s true you believe in the stereotype that certain cities only join one sorority 😂 this website is a joke you all are contradicting yourselves

By: hahaha
#4by:    

To say that certain sororities will give you an advantage for being from "prestigious" communities is not only shallow, but pathetic! We do not get to choose where we grow up and who are parents are. When we get to college it is our time to define ourselves. We are ALL the same and it does not matter where we came from, how we look, or the labels we wear. The person who wrote that post seems to be living in a middle school I'm better than you world and I feel sorry for you. If this is how those sororities really are than I don't want any part of them.

By: SO SAD

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.