facebook

aphi

by: Hm

So the ever famous girl went APhi

Posted By: Hm
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 3
#11  by: Confused   

Friends with the girl on social media and saw the pic. Did alpha phi give snap bids??

By: Confused
by: YesNov 15, 2015 1:09:36 PM

because their colonization process went so poorly, they're now trying to give a bid to anything with a pulse to get some kind of relevant number

By: Yes
by: ^Nov 15, 2015 2:04:54 PM

Actually they had over 700 girls participate in their rush, they have standards and qualities they are looking for and won't accept anything less. Being selective is part of what will help them become a strong chapter.

By: ^
by: TruthNov 15, 2015 3:00:46 PM

They got less than 1/2 the number they were supposed to recruit. Lots didn't even show up to their events or quit after the first so I wouldn't go throwing that big number around any more because it looks bad for you. Truth is now they're taking anyone and you'd know this if you went here and weren't the same old lady alum who keeps coming on here to talk ish. Y'all are in trouble with this colonization, so the best thing for you to do is stay out of here and stop drawing even more attention to your desperation.

By: Truth
by: ^Nov 15, 2015 3:24:11 PM

Alpha Phi is doing awesome and if they were doing so terrible you wouldn't be so concerned with them. YOU would know they cut a ton of girls if you had a clue what you were talking about. What exactly is it about numbers that's going to affect them negatively? They're still throwing great events so what's the problem exactly? They're new and they're selective and they're smart to be choosing quality first.

by: @^Nov 16, 2015 7:05:37 PM

lol no one is "concerned" with them except for how they're dragging down the quality reputation of ole miss sororities. cob-ing girls everyone passed on in a desperate attempt to get some kind of numbers is hilarious and the opposite of awesome

By: @^
by: ^Nov 16, 2015 9:25:27 PM

Lol I'm pretty sure only like 4 sororities passed on her which is average (or less than average), if ole miss has to worry about anyone ruining their reputation it's pathetic bitter girls like yourself.

#12  by: Rebs   

I was wondering the same thing.

By: Rebs
#13  by: think   

I think because they aren't even close to house quota or total or whatever that they can continue to hand out bids until they reach total...

By: think
by: YupNov 13, 2015 1:22:02 PM

Ding ding ding!

They can continue to do COB this semester and next until they reach total.

Since they're nowhere near total (didn't they only take 1/3 to 1/2 of what they were expecting to take?) they have a lot of bids they can hand out and it's in their best interest to recruit some more members this year so that during formal recruitment next year PNMs aren't sitting around wondering why no one wanted to go APhi due to their chapter being so small.

By: Yup
by: ^Nov 13, 2015 3:36:43 PM

Mm actually most pnms can understand why a brand new sorority is smaller and respect the fact they chose quality girls instead of just worrying about their numbers.

by: TruthNov 15, 2015 3:05:24 PM

Successful new sororities are NOT significantly smaller than the others. Just look at ADPi in its first years.

by: ^Nov 15, 2015 3:25:59 PM

Love ADPi but their selection of girls are very mixed, if you're going to choose quantity over quality you have no choice in that first year but to accept girls who don't fit your standards. Alpha Phi is smart and HAPPY so leave them alone. If they're doing so poorly then why hate on them?

by: @^Nov 16, 2015 7:08:36 PM

smart and happy? hilarious. that's why y'all live on this site. you're desperately trying to get new members now and it's obvious you're scraping the dog poo off our shoes to get there. lol anything to try to catch up with everyone else in numbers.

#14  by: HI:)   

CARLEY BROWNING!

By: HI:)
by: ^Nov 15, 2015 9:08:32 AM

Snaps to Alpha Phi's being gorgeous! And all Ole Miss sororities for that matter!

by: ^Nov 15, 2015 2:05:54 PM

If they were desperate for numbers they wouldn't have cut over 50% of the girls that rushed them, why are you so concerned

by: TruthNov 15, 2015 3:03:35 PM

Most of those "cut" actually dropped out of the process when they saw what Alpha Phi was all about. Y'all got less than half of what you wanted and now you're desperately scrambling for warm bodies. I mean just look at this girl you just took who literally is blackballed by every other sorority at this point because of her rep. STFU

by: ^Nov 15, 2015 3:27:58 PM

Lol you're so classless I really hope you're a GDI because Ole Miss is much better than that. How is it that you're so knowledgeable on Alpha Phi anyway? Did you rush and get cut? Don't see the need for all the bitterness.

by: @^Nov 16, 2015 7:10:34 PM

honey, you should talk to your members cuz they're the ones saying this. but it's pretty obvious to everyone how badly you're struggling.

by: ^Nov 16, 2015 9:26:54 PM

It's pretty obvious you didn't get a bid!

by: whyOct 14, 2016 10:59:29 AM

what is wrong with you people? apparently im out of the loop but i decided to look at her social media after reading this post. she was supporting her friends. in what world is that wrong? is rush not a time that people need their friends most? why do some girls down here have to be so catty. let her be and never post a name on here. you never know the damage you could be causing. i have no idea who any of you are, or who this girl is, but remember were all people. we all have feelings. we all feel pain.

By: why
#15  by: Stop it!   

Surely this poor girl did nothing to get so much hate, let's leave her alone

By: Stop it!
by: ^Nov 15, 2015 4:43:22 PM

THE most accurate thing I've seen written about the girl!

#16  by: Harassing people online   

is illegal. Did you know that? It is really easy for authorities to get your ips and track you down.

You should not harass anyone online - on any site. There can be criminal and/or civil consequences in the real world for your online activities.

If you feel compelled to bash people online maybe you should seek counseling.

By: Harassing people online
#17  by: carley brkwning   

I know her personally she's fake and does not deserve to be in a sorority. she constantly is bragging about how much money she has, how many guys she's been with, and I hear she's thinking of transferring. Mississippi is better without her

By: carley brkwning
by: ^ Consider counseling...Nov 16, 2015 10:31:28 AM

honestly, you appear to need some help. Don't be embarrassed. Many people have times in their lives where they need emotional/mental help. If your problem is substance abuse, there are many programs to check out.

Posting ridiculous stuff online about someone else will not help you feel better about yourself. Consider professional help instead.

By: ^ Consider counseling...
#18  by: APhi   

Well I am a senior that has followed her instagram account for years.She has always been so cute and fun and relateable. I wasn't sure if I even wanted to consider Alpha Phi when i go through rush next year, but now i cant wait. Just the thought that i could be sisters with her makes me so excited for next year!

By: APhi
by: ^Nov 16, 2015 2:25:43 PM

She is a great example of your typical Alpha Phi nation-wide (Alpha Phi's get hated on as much too but we all know that's due to being threatened.)

by: @^Nov 16, 2015 7:13:43 PM

you're sooooo thirsty!

by: surprisedNov 17, 2015 5:37:28 PM

I'm legitimately surprised she went aphi... she seemed to think that next year she would be going to kappa or pi phi even as a sophomore. Would this have really be out of the question? Why did kappa and pi phi cut her this year?

By: surprised
by: @ @^Nov 17, 2015 5:51:07 PM

You speak like a man.

By: @ @^
#19  by: APhi has poor standards   

I will say the two girls from my high school that APhi pledged were poor students, bad reputations, dressed cheaply, not involved in high school, and constantly drink. They didn't go through regular recruitment because all this was known about them.

By: APhi has poor standards
by: ^Nov 18, 2015 12:16:31 PM

And I bet any Alpha Phi can name countless leaders in their chapter, starting a colony is such an awesome opportunity that several girls didn't go through formal recruitment for that very reason. And that's a great story, every sorority on campus has much more than 2 girls who could be described as all the above. Great insight.

#20  by: sooo   

Just so this thread can go to rest. She actually dropped APhi, transferred schools and is in another sorority now. She made a comment about how it's a bad idea choosing a school based off how fun it looks on social media. Seem's pretty happy with her decisions since moving.

By: sooo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.