facebook

are there any famous ole miss sorority alums?

by: Tradition

Which chapters have famous alumnae?

Posted By: Tradition
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: hmmm   

well olivia manning was a dg, and leann touhy and her daughter collins (from the blind side) were kd. as for fraternities, eli and archie were sigma nu. phi pi has had a miss america, some guy from the robert pattinson movie remember me was a sigma chi, cynthia geary (an emmy nominated actress) was a tri delt. kate jackson (an original charlie's angel) was a kappa. mary ann mobley was a chi o and she was an actress/miss america, lynda mead shea was a chi o and was miss america as well. Faulkner was an SAE, Robert Khayat aka the man was a phi delt. if you look up famous ole miss alumni on wikipedia, you can click on their names and it usually says what sorority/fraternity they were in. there's not really any big names, but it's still kinda cool nonetheless. if you wanna find famous greek life alumni not from ole miss, i'm sure you could google it.

By: hmmm
by: hmmmOct 16, 2015 10:58:58 PM

i meant pi phi up there whoops sorry, i am sick and on meds, explaining why i am on this dumb website on a friday night

by: hmmmOct 16, 2015 11:09:37 PM

cooper manning (was going to play here, but had a spinal disorder) was a ka. he also ran for mr. ole miss, known back then as colonel reb (which is so so cute omg). haha you've made me obsessed with this now haha i'm going to be looking up this stuff all night

#2  by: ~   

Writer Donna Tartt ("The Secret History," "The Little Friend," "The Goldfinch") was a Kappa.

Karen Graham, one of the first supermodels of the '70s, was a KD.

Pi Phi's Miss America was Susan Akin (1985).

By: ~
#3  by: Schools that matter   

So basically, no one anyone outside of Mississippi would have heard of except for The Mannings, Kate Jackson and Mary Ann Mobley!

Acceptance rate - 81%

By: Schools that matter
by: WowDec 24, 2020 8:07:49 AM

So for fun at your school you and your friends go to other schools gr and comment? Wow, that’s cool.

By: Wow
#4  by: Delta Rho    

Donna Tartt Is an Ole Miss Kappa and she recently won The Pulitzer Prize. Also, Dixie Carter is an Ole Miss Kappa and she is President of TNT Entertainment.

By: Delta Rho
by: TransferredOct 17, 2015 1:23:07 PM

Donna Tartt transferred to Bennington College after her freshman year. I would not consider her an alumna of Ole Miss. Nice try though.

By: Transferred
by: Huh?Oct 17, 2015 2:07:01 PM

Dixie Carter is president of TNA - Total Nonstop Action. Huge difference between a network president (TNT) and a wrestling promoter.

By: Huh?
by: LOLOct 19, 2015 9:45:00 AM

At first I thought you were talking about Dixie Carter from "Designing Women," who is a) a Tri Delt, b) an alum of Tennessee, and c) dead.

By: LOL
by: Sarah SurDec 23, 2020 9:28:04 AM

She left Ole Miss for Bennington in Vermont, where she graduated

By: Sarah Sur
#5  by: Yes   

She is an initiated KKG. And she did transfer for a better let early program.

By: Yes
by: OkJan 7, 2016 11:08:12 PM

But she was here for one year...can you really claim her as an alum? No...

Is she even active in KKG? Or did she initiate and leave... My guess is on the latter.

By: Ok
#6  by: Yes   

Literary program

By: Yes
#7  by: Honestly   

This is a really sad list. Are there really so few alumnae of national significance in our school's storied history? Where are all the success stories?

By: Honestly
by: LmaoDec 24, 2020 11:09:09 PM

I feel like Faulkner (arguably the best American author) is pretty significant 😂

By: Lmao
#8  by: Top Sororities   

It's easy to get in Ole Miss. Theta, DDD, Kappa have the most famous alumnae. Pi Phi too.

By: Top Sororities
#9  by: who else?   

is that it??

By: who else?
#10  by: Alum   

So Ole Miss doesn't have a ton of famous sorority alumnae. Big deal.

Y'all think money, fame and power does not equal success. Well, there are plenty of ladies who lead "successful" lives as moms and home makers. We care for our children and husbands, we go to church, we shop, we volunteer in our communities, we live happy and healthy lives. If that doesn't spell success I don't know what does.

By: Alum
by: Old biddyOct 21, 2015 7:27:18 PM

"We shop". That takes talent, dumb alum get off here

By: Old biddy
by: AlumOct 21, 2015 9:27:57 PM

Bless your heart! Shopping and commerce is the lifeblood of our local economy. The revenues lift business owners and the sales tax on my purchases help pay for YOUR state funded university... but I forgive you for not having the maturity to understand this!

by: LOLOct 23, 2015 12:17:57 AM

And I bet your from Jackson, honey

By: LOL
by: AlumOct 23, 2015 2:35:29 PM

I know y'all are young and have grand visions of becoming the CEO's or first female president after you graduate but soon enough reality will set in and you will find that leading a happy private life is empowering. Having the choice to be a care giver is the very definition of success. You will learn soon enough as soon as y'all get your heads out of the clouds.

by: GradOct 26, 2015 1:52:58 PM

Because this is what your Liberal Arts degree from Ole Miss is going to get you!

By: Grad
by: .Oct 31, 2015 9:26:18 PM

Any woman with an IQ above 75 can do all that, honey. It doesn't take much skill or intellectual ability to manage a home and family. Try doing that while holding down an intellectually stimulating career- now that's what I call successful.

By: .
by: ^^^Jan 7, 2016 11:13:03 PM

Love Faulkner, but I feel like Hemingway is probably the most famous American author. But I guess that's a personal view.

By: ^^^
by: waste of moneyDec 24, 2020 4:19:57 PM

Why get a college degree if you’re not going to work

By: waste of money

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.