facebook

alpha phi

by:    

Alpha phi just posted a pic of their colonizing members. They killed it. All you girls that are consumed with ranking= your self worth better watch out.

Posted By: They sure did
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

Well they're no Bama Phi :( it's like they tried to prove they aren't just about looks... Hmm, not what I had imagined :(

By: Hm
by: @Hm   

Why the :(. You expected? Wanted them to all be barbie dolls? Now you are pissy they aren't? It is my understanding that girls from LSU and Alabama are very involved in helping with the colonization? I seriously doubt there was a thought, gee, we are getting killed on GR, lets not pledge any girls who are too pretty? The whole rush/colonization process isn't perfect, but every House wants what they consider the best girls for their House. It is better to take fewer girls as long as they are quality girls who will come together in sisterhood. Also, this speculation seems to be over a group shot. Does anyone know the number?

By: @Hm
by: ^   

For sure, we don't know what they're about yet, Alpha Phi's most recent colonizations seemed to be a lot better looking but you can't really help the pool of girls you get left with. Not to say they aren't great girls they very well might be! And my judgement was based on the #olemissalphaphi tagged pics not just the group shot, I'm assuming all the white shirts are founding members? Could be wrong but looks that way.

By: ^
by: Well   

I'm thinking they decided to go against the typical Alpha Phi stereotype... You should like them more for that reason anyways since apparently straight dimes was going to be an issue for you.

By: Well
#12by:    

went to their bid day and lots of gorgeous girls. they won't be top or even mid for a while probably but they aren't going to have a problem here on campus.

By: yep
by: Ok   

I'm sure everyone agrees that they won't be top (that's laughable) or even mid (almost just as laughable) for a while, but they didn't take many gorgeous girls. They were trying to stay away from the stereotype that that's all they care about, which is good, but they obviously had some bid acceptance/retention issues because they only took like half of what they said they were going to take.

By: Ok
by: From what I hear   

yes, they were supposed to recruit up to average chapter size but they fell short by about half. This could be a problem.

By: From what I hear
#13by:    

The pic I saw was not dark and was full of pretty girls. One of the girls from my HS who was cut (for no reason anyone can figure other than maybe she is a little quiet?) and has great grades, great resume and is cute (not pageant girl in any way) pledged. SO they are not just going for the prettiest. If there are girls in houses that feel threatened enough to be cruel, they need to take that energy and invest it in making their houses shine. There's room for even more new colonies, stop the hate. Welcome to what I am sure will be a great new house.

By: Well then
#14by:    

I know a stunning, tall, model type of brunette that pledged. Most APhis around the country are blond, pretty, "hot", etc. I think they got plenty of those in the mix as well. I did hear that they had heavy cuts, so they were going for a certain type of girl and good for them to be selective. Nationals will have them in a great house for sure...happens at every place they colonize. They are going into all of the flagship state schools and prestigious private schools....great strategy. Best to them.

By: crystal
by: ME   

The only new member I know is a sophomore who went through recruitment last year and was released by every house. She was snobby and not super kind in high school. She was also very overweight but dropped a lot of lbs this summer. I do know the past year was hard on her watching all of her friends at their sorority events. Hoping this turns out very well for her.

By: ME
#15by:    

A not so classy, not very smart girl from my hs pledged, something happened at orientation, got drunk maybe, and didn't go through formal recruitment

By: Not impressed
by: Takes one to know one   

Well thank heavens you are a much classier girl who had a perfect rush.

By: Takes one to know one
#16by:    

I just don't understand all of the hate for alpha phi. Ole miss has poor Christlikeness and courtesy for other sororities. We should act as one big unified Greek system lifting each other up with praise. This thread is disappointing. A new chapter comes to your school which is tough to do and you bash them before they even get a chance. Everyone I know that pledged APhi loves it so far and said there's a great mix of girls. If this site wasn't anonymous all of you sloppy mean girls would be shamed by your sisters I'm sure. If Alpha Phi isn't a threat to you then shut up and let them do their thing.

By: Wow

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#17by:    

Congratulations to Alpha Phi joining Ole Miss! They will be a threat to contend with in the next few years. Alpha Phi is one of the oldest sororities, and they aren't new to colonizing. So before you start taking nasty swipes at them, get yourself prepared. Check out their house at Alabama....it is gorgeous. They will build something equally as grand at Ole Miss.
Great sorority, strong international office, great philanthropy and highly ranked on most campus colleges.
Congrats to Ole Miss for adding a great new house!
AOE

By: AOE
by: hummmm   

It's posts like this one that is turning everybody off! Didn't you learn anything from Tri Delt?

By: hummmm
by: ^   

We have no idea what you are talking about and we don't care. We do not troll the threads on this site looking for bash opportunities.

We wish all the best to every Greek group at Ole Miss including Tri Delta!

And also....

Hooray for Alpha Phi at Ole Miss!

By: ^
by: ^^^^   

Not trolling? Not looking for opportunities to bash?

You just took a dig at DDD!

By: ^^^^
#18by:    

Alpha Phi killed it!

By: Killed it!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.