facebook

alpha phi

by: They sure did

Alpha phi just posted a pic of their colonizing members. They killed it. All you girls that are consumed with ranking= your self worth better watch out.

Posted By: They sure did
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: ^^^   

they killed it along with every other sorority that welcomed home beautiful, smart girls this fall. Congrats to EVERY SINGLE house on campus!

By: ^^^
#2  by: Stop   

Happy for alpha phi and all of Panhell!

By: Stop
#3  by: 👏👏👏   

Looks like they got a mix of a lot of good girls! After ready all the mean comments on here, I was surprised at how many brunette a there were and how nice and pretty they all look. Good luck to them!

By: 👏👏👏
by: Wow!Oct 12, 2015 7:07:38 AM

Looks like they did remarkably well! Congrats to all the new founding members. What an amazing opportunity!

By: Wow!
#4  by: Haha   

Please! Aphi, you are not a threat! Quit causing so much controversy!

By: Haha
#5  by: Good for you now chill   

Congratulations on doing well and can't blame you for crowing about it a little bit. I think Alpha Phi was treated unfairly by a lot of posters. But don't come on here telling other people to "watch out."

By: Good for you now chill
by: PleaseOct 11, 2015 10:32:12 PM

Momma marge don't lecture others on crowing about themselves when that is all this site is. The top tier constantly crows about how great they are and perpetuates the ancient tiers. The so-called lower tier crows about being great and then gets annihilated by comments as to why they aren't. This whole site is a bunch of evil black crows trying to peck each others eyes out to get one crumb.

By: Please
#6  by: Ok..   

...how exactly did they kill it? You think they're hot from one dark group shot?

Well we were saying they were going for looks above everything else and it looks like they did...not a surprise there.

By: Ok..
by: What?Oct 12, 2015 9:09:59 AM

There new members don't look any different than any other bottom tier house.

Same same same.

By: What?
by: Impressed!Oct 12, 2015 10:42:57 AM

These have to be very special, strong women with tons of integrity to have withstood all the hate that has been spewed. And if you've seen the photo there is absolutely no denying they got a beautiful classy looking group of girls! They look NOTHING like what all the haters said they would look like! Good Job Alpha Phi! Welcome to Ole Miss! You make us proud!

By: Impressed!
by: LolOct 12, 2015 10:47:34 AM

This from the same group of women who spewed so much hate towards the tri delts just a few weeks ago.

I guess that makes our top tier every bit as strong, special, and filled with integrity

By: Lol
by: Impressed!Oct 12, 2015 11:10:04 AM

Blaming another house for the hate with no basis or fact shows zero integrity.

By: Impressed!
by: @LolOct 12, 2015 11:20:37 AM

Alpha Phi did not hate on Tri Delt, the groups are friendly with each other.

By: @Lol
by: @WhatOct 12, 2015 11:51:01 AM

They look like every other house - cute happy girls! Just stop it with the tier crap all the time.

By: @What
by: MeOct 12, 2015 1:23:11 PM

Doesn't look like they have many members. Shouldn't they have started with about the same number in the other sororities?

By: Me
by: ^Oct 12, 2015 1:44:00 PM

That's not how it works with colonization, their numbers are awesome for a colony!

By: ^
by: ^Oct 12, 2015 1:59:38 PM

Yes very successful when you have only 1/3 of what other sororities have. Good luck with that!

I heard they just handed out bids to everyone who came to preference. Weird.

by: ^Oct 12, 2015 2:05:18 PM

Ok figure out what you're complaining about either 1) they don't have enough girls or 2) they handed out too many bids. You're pathetic. Colonies never take a full sororities worth of girls, would you be able to handle a pledge class of 500 hundred girls? It's the same thing. They had a number they determined would work best for their success. This shouldn't really have required an explanation you must be a GDI.

by: does anyone knowOct 12, 2015 2:58:46 PM

Did Alpha Phi end up not wanting to take as many as they were planning on originally? I'm just curious because I went to the interest meeting for Alpha Phi before formal recruitment(but got into a house in formal recruitment) and they said they were planning to take 250-300 girls and I could be off but that didn't look to be that many in the photo they posted. I'm not hating or anything just curious if anyone knew!

By: does anyone know
by: @does anyone knowOct 12, 2015 3:34:43 PM

You are not imagining that. My roommate went to the meeting too but decided not to go through their recruitment. It confuses me because they only look like they have maybe 150 in that photo and they were saying they were looking for twice that. This seems a little strange.

By: @does anyone know
#7  by: Outlier?   

ALPHA PHI BID DAY IS TODAY! Calling all Ole Miss faculty, staff, and students! Come to the Grove at 4:30 pm today to help us celebrate this special day!! We are SO excited! ‪#‎olemissalphaphi‬

By: Outlier?
#8  by: &   

Where will Alpha Phi hold their chapter meetings and where will they go to eat since they don't have a house yet?

By: &
#9  by: bids at preference   

Not that "weird" actually. If you think about it, during regular Rush anyone invited to Preference should be on your bid list somewhere. Anyone at Preference could end up being your sister. That party is about getting the girls to put your house first on their list.

With a colony, the group isn't competing directly with other groups. So there aren't ranked bid lists from multiple sororities and PNM bid cards with ranked preferences to be matched up. Since that post-pref step doesn't happen, there doesn't really need to be the extra step of making girls wait until the next day. Also since the girls were only recruiting for the one colony, they know what group is offering the bids. So there wouldn't be a surprise if they were to open their envelopes the next day. So why not skip that step, if the girls coming to preference are the ones getting bids? it seems to make sense when there is only one group involved.

By: bids at preference
#10  by: yeah   

I looked at ADPi's facebook... they took 309 New Members when they colonized in 2013. Not sure how many stuck it out until the chapter was installed but they began with double the number Alpha Phi took.

I really don't care, just find it all interesting.

By: yeah
by: LolOct 12, 2015 3:56:07 PM

APhi's colony is sooooo much better looking than ADPi's was though.

By: Lol
by: @yeahOct 12, 2015 4:15:39 PM

I went to the interest meeting because it was before formal recruitment and they said they were planning to take 250-300 but the photo didn't look like that many at all.

By: @yeah
by: ^Oct 12, 2015 4:24:47 PM

Good, quality over quantity

by: From what I hearOct 13, 2015 3:22:29 AM

they had trouble recruiting enough members. Looks like they already are in trouble.

By: From what I hear
by: @yeahOct 13, 2015 10:00:09 AM

I looked on their FB and a video they produced. I don't see where they state their goal was 250-300 new members? On the video, they clearly do not state a specific number. Where is the 250 to 300 documented since I could not find a specific number and must have missed?

By: @yeah
by: Over 700 womenOct 13, 2015 1:50:17 PM

contacted Alpha Phi about rushing. They could have taken many, many more than they did.

They were very selective in recruiting their founding class.

You haters can spin it any way you want but Alpha Phi is now on Ole Miss to stay despite your program to stop them.

Alpha Phi is one of the best national sororities and belongs at Ole Miss. And that's a fact.

By: Over 700 women
by: Damage ControlOct 13, 2015 3:22:38 PM

"Contacting" and following through or wanting a bid are completely different things. My roommate went to their first meeting and she and her friend decided Alpha Phi wasn't for them. So people like that are counted as "contacted." Alpha Phi took half the number they said they wanted. That spells trouble to anyone looking at it objectively. But just keep on with the damage control. We have eyes and see how poorly things went.

By: Damage Control
by: @yeah@damage controlOct 13, 2015 3:36:04 PM

I still can't find where they said their goal number was 250-300. I clearly am missing this documented number? Please show me where they stated this is the number they planned on recruiting? There were earlier posts about girls getting cut? Do we know how many signed up and were then cut? It sounds like they were being very selective over volume? And yes, maybe not a good fit for every girl who did not participate in and/or did not get a bid during formal rush. But, would guess these girls might not be a fit with some of the established houses either.

By: @yeah@damage control
by: @Damage ControlOct 13, 2015 6:07:10 PM

for some reason you want to spin all things Alpha Phi into a negative.

No matter what stories you post here about supposed friends, roommates, friends of friends, people down the hall, etc. - the fact remains that Alpha Phi could have bid many, many more women - and everyone knows it.

It is just astonishing how bashing continues and continues. Isn't a strong Greek system something that benefits all Greeks? No sure what the motivation is to constantly degrade other groups......seems very bizarre.......

By: @Damage Control
by: @Oct 13, 2015 6:23:06 PM

They stated 250 - 300 in their first meeting. That is a completely normal amount for a colony; getting as close to the size of the current sororities as possible. They got about half of what they wanted. It's going to be very hard for them to get any kind of traction with such numbers. This is fact.

By: @
by: ^^^Oct 13, 2015 8:15:19 PM

No - that is not what APhi does. Alpha Phi colonizes to obtain a core group. They are the founding members and have a unique skill set. They are pioneers and leaders. The Alpha Phis colonizing at Ole Miss made the decisions to cut, and to offer bids.

In spite of all of the negativity on this site Alpha Phi colonized at Ole Miss.

So your negative words and wishes have amounted to nothing.

Keep it up. You are generating a lot of sympathy for Alpha Phi.

by: NOOct 14, 2015 2:17:22 AM

No it isn't "what they do." Bama, LSU, FSU .... all recent comparable school colonizations where they gave bids up to average chapter size. Something is definitely fishy here when they only have 1/3 of what they should and said they were going to to the PNMs at their initial meeting. People may be feeling sorry for Alpha Phi, but it's not for the reasons you're saying. LOL

By: NO
by: ^^Oct 14, 2015 5:24:35 AM

Since you are an expert on Alpha Phi colonization numbers how about you support your above statement with facts. Please give the founding class size and total allowed chapter size at that time for each campus that you mentioned above to support your allegation.

By: ^^
by: ^^^Oct 14, 2015 9:21:41 AM

Are you sure you're in college? Since when is 150/300 one third ??

by: @^^Oct 14, 2015 6:54:17 PM

Well that was easy to find. You're not going to like it though.

2009 Alabama 218 (total at the time was 180)
2010 FSU 145 (total at the time was 160)
2013 LSU 200 (total at the time was 209)

So yeah seems something strange is happening here that they took so few members.

By: @^^
by: Nope...Oct 14, 2015 7:04:20 PM

your house totals are off.

What are the sources for your info? Please post here with a truncated link so people can review for themselves. Thanks!

By: Nope...
by: JwOct 14, 2015 9:10:41 PM

Does anyone know the actual number of girls in the class? Cuzzzzz from what the pics of their colony vs ADPi's colony pics, they look pretty equal...?

By: Jw
by: AlsoOct 14, 2015 9:13:13 PM

^ You've gotta look at the bid day group pic not the pref night pic.

By: Also
by: TotalsOct 15, 2015 5:57:24 PM

Those totals look to be correct. Many old totals are on the Greek chat web site and there are multiple old grade reports online that can be averaged to extrapolate the average chapter size at those times. So yeah Alpha Phi took around total at those schools and only took half at Ole Miss. Not judging, just stating a fact. I have no idea why.

By: Totals
by: @TotalsOct 15, 2015 9:37:18 PM

Like I thought. You stated something as fact when, in truth, you extrapolated numbers without any supportive links.

For instance - your numbers fail at the first glance. Panhel at Alabama did not let Alpha Phi take 38 more new members than campus total. Your figure for campus total is wrong.

From your post above:

"2009 Alabama 218 (total at the time was 180)"

Just give it up. At least you should check your lies for reasonableness before posting them.

The Alpha Phi reps at Ole Miss made cuts and offered bids based on their best judgment. They could have easily bid more women.

The new member class is really great and is already - tonight - participating with Phi Mu in their philanthropy event.

By: @Totals

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.