facebook

snap bids

by:    

what are the actual chances of them happening???

Posted By: ??
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

I don't think snap bids have been given out at ole miss in many many years.

Sure we all hear the rumors, but none are to be believed.

By: Great question.
#2by:    

heard snap bids being given out all over the place for the past 3 years, so you never know. The main reason it might not happen this year is Alpha Phi's colonizing, which is only fair, to give them a chance to have a larger pool of girls to choose from.

By: I've

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Please make sure you have correct information before responding.

Per the NPC Manual of Information, here is a couple very basic points about snap bids. Any active member should have access to this manual through their organization. So until bid matching is completed, no one will know if snap bids would be needed.

SNAP BIDDING
Snap bidding is an option only for chapters that did not match to quota.
• The procedure is used only to fill quota spaces.
• All potential new members who attended at least one event during primary recruitment are eligible for snap bidding.

Snap bidding ends when bids are distributed. Continuous open bidding (COB) begins as soon as Bid Day begins.

By: edcuate yourself
#4by:    

They happen every year and with this many girls there will be a bunch.

By: Martha
#5by:    

Can you receive a snap bid and a bid from pref at the same time?

By: Snap
by: Educate yourself   

No. You would only be eligible for a snap bid if you did not receive a bid after bid matching.

By: Educate yourself
#6by:    

there will be no snap bids this year because of alpha phis colonization

By: snaps

untrue. A new colonization has NOTHING to do with snap bids. If a chapter does not bid to quota, they are eligible to snap bid. Doesn't mean there will be many as quota is a number set that will allow most, if not all chapters to be at quota. But trying to get the facts out there. I think there needs to be some PH education and soon.

#7by:    

The only chapters who could have possibly given out snap bids last year would have been Delta Gamma and Kappa Alpha Theta.

All the rest of the houses got quota plus. Since snap bidding can happen only if a house doesn't reach quota until a house reaches quota, the houses that reached quota plus are not the ones giving out snap bids. The houses with quota plus are either weaker recruiting (these are chapters that tend to see a lot of new members drop and don't have the same number of members as the other chapters...if you see one chapter with a large number of PNMs in comparison to the rest that is probably what it means--ADPi is last year's example, Pi Phi may be as well) or they were more popular with PNMs than expected and therefore more PNMs were matched to them.

PNM numbers from last year:
Chi Omega (138)
Delta Delta Delta (131)
Phi Mu (155)
Delta Gamma (130)
Kappa Delta (140)
Kappa Kappa Gamma (147)
Alpha Omicron Pi (155)
Alpha Delta Pi (167)
Pi Beta Phi (159)
Kappa Alpha Theta (130)

By: FYI
by: Inaccurate   

Your post is very inaccurate. What exactly are you trying to accomplish by posting such specific numbers that are wrong? If you mean no ill intent, then simply responding in general terms without naming specific houses would have been the way to go. Because you singled out 2 houses specifically and then did not mention a top tier house, I cry foul. What you have stated is not factual at all as there are several erroneous statements in this one post alone. Keep it classy, positive, and encouraging without passively attempting to shore up your house at the expense of slandering others. All of the houses had great recruitments last year and none were in trouble as you want to lead pnms to believe. Negative PR always backfires. Go Greek!

By: Inaccurate
by: OMG   

I think her post is extremely accurate. Just because you don't like what it says doesn't mean it's wrong.

Rumors of snap bids at Ole Miss are as old as the Lyceum.

By: OMG
by: Actually   

This post is on point. She didn't say anything for sure but the general statements she made make sense.

Why is it wrong to put this out there? It's known that top tier is more popular with PNMs during recruitment. This actually makes sense.

By: Actually

I can tell you for a fact that your assumption for last year is inaccurate. Those 2 groups DID NOT give out snap bids. Once again, don't assume. Know facts before you post.

by: @Educate yourself   

Right, just like someone can say they "know for a fact" that those groups did give out snap bids. Very reliable info you have there.

By: @Educate yourself
#8by:    

Tri delt, Kappa, and DG all gave snap bids, I don't know about the others but I personally know girls who received ones from them. I actually heard a dg complaining about it last bid day

By: real facts
by: Great   

Delusional! You are delusional!

Possibly even a chi o trying too hard to stay on top!

By: Great
by: Tri Delt   

DG always gives snap bids.

By: Tri Delt
by: Why???   

Oh no, it's the mommies. They are the only ones who go back and drag up old posts. Why do they do this?

By: Why???
#9by:    

Kappa and Tri delt were at other sorority houses trying to give bids

By: hmm

Wrong. Snap bids are done prior to bids being handed out and done by PH office (through a very specific process) and only to a PNM that did not receive a bid through the process.

#10by:    

With the Alpha Phi colonization, it is doubtful that there will be any snap bids this year. There will be COB after rush is over for chapters under total.

By: truth

If a house doesn't make quota, that house will be giving out snap bids to get to quota.

But you are right that there will be COB to get to total. But snap bids don't have to do with total...they have to do with quota.

If a house doesn't make quota, that house will be giving out snap bids to get to quota.

But you are right that there will be COB to get to total. But snap bids don't have to do with total...they have to do with quota.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.