facebook

bid day baskets

by:    

As a Pnm, if I order a bid day basket how will they know what sorority?? How does bid day work, does everyone's parents shower them with gifts?? Thanks

Posted By: Pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Bid day is different in each house. Some sororities pile on the gifts, other just give you a bag filled with goodies. It totally depends.

A lot of parents and friends will order bid day baskets from some of the local shops. They will go into the shop or call the shop (as early as possible, baskets are delivered in the order they receive the order) and tell them the dollar amount they want to spend, or the exact gift they want to send.

On bid day, the shops receive the bid lists at the same time as the sororities receive them and they start putting names on the already made-up baskets. Credit cards are not usually charged until bid day to make sure that the recipient actually received a bid.

For example, in June I went into the Lilly pad and ordered a $75 basket for a PNM coming from my home town. I gave them my credit card number. On bid day they will look for my friends name and put together a $75 basket and deliver it to the house she receives a bid to. I specified they put a t-shirt and picture frame and whatever else up to $75. If she doesn't receive a bid, they will not charge my card.

By: Bid day
by: Bid day   

Oh, and if she doesn't like what is in the basket, or gets multiple items, she can return them and get what she likes.

By: Bid day
#2by:    

Why would you order a bid day basket for yourself? Do you buy Christmas presents for yourself as well?

By: Ummm
by: honestly   

Must you have to be so smart and arrogant?? She was just wanting to know most likely how the process works. Geez

By: honestly
#3by:    

What is the best place to order from?

By: ???
by: Basket case   

On the cheap side, the Lilly pad. On the expensive side, Oxford floral. In between, pink and proper.

By: Basket case
by: what about   

What about Katherine Beck?

By: what about
by: Delivery   

Katherine beck has adorable things, but I'm not sure if they deliver.

By: Delivery
#4by:    

Yes, Katherine Beck does deliver. They have some amazing greek items. Their house paintings are very sought after and are amazing. I highly recommend them. But I agree the earlier you book with them the better.

By: TLAM
#5by:    

olive juice is wonderful for bid day baskets!!! these were my favorite out of oxford floral, lily pad, and katherine back

By: active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

Makes sense... I can see now why she is pushing so hard for one. Thanks for your quick reply!

By: Confused
by: Wait!   

Not every one gets a bid day basket! There are some sororities that shower the girls with gifts on bid day. Xo, ddd, and kd in particular. The actives give the girls their own tshirt collections so the new members can start wearing their letters right away, they pass on dorm decorations, cups, hats, just about everything with their new Greek letters in it. These same sororities will also give totes willed with stuff as well.

Other sororities will just give the girls totes filled with stuff and not all the extra passes down items.

Other sororities don't make a big deal out of it and don't give anything in bid day and wait until big/little week to give gifts.

Gifts from parents are a little different, and many times the baskets aren't even delivered until the next day because of the volumes being delivered.

FYI. PNM's also get flowers and gifts delivered throughout the week to help keep spirits up. Tables in dorm lobbies are overflowing every day with gifts. I was more appreciative for these gifts than all the stuff and excitement on bid day.

By: Wait!
#7by:    

Thumbs UP for Bid Day Baskets!!! Tell your mom to get the credit card ready. LOL. She will be so excited for you that she will want to order one of everything! <3

By: Yassss
#8by:    

Many of the girls get happier during rush and a bid day basket. Moms generally coordinate these with stores in town (Olive Juice, The Lilly Pad, Katherine Beck, etc. Best of luck!

By: Httytddy
by: Httytddy   

Sorry meant to type happies (not happier). These are small presents on some days during rush.

By: Httytddy

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.