facebook

the true southern royalty is:

by: true

The true southern royalty is:
Chi Omega
Zeta Tau Alpha (we don't have them, but we should get them)
Kappa Delta
Phi Mu
Delta Zeta ( wish we had them here)
Delta Delta Delta
Alpha Omicron Pi (Good at most Southern Schools and I believe will pick up here)

Posted By: true
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 4
#21  by: nope   

no on zta or kd

By: nope
by: ^Dec 9, 2015 11:14:03 PM

wrong. they are top.

By: ^
#22  by: Zeta   

Zeta is a N O

By: Zeta
#23  by: SEC Royalty   

Top houses in the SEC (alphabetical order)
Alabama AXO XO KAPPA
Ark. XO KAPPA PIPHI
AU. AGD XO KD
FLA. ADPI KD ZTA
GA. ADPI KAPPA PHIMU
Kentucky. ADPI XO THETA
LSU. XO DDD KD
Ole Miss. XO DDD KD
MSU. XO DG KD
Missouri XO DDD PIPHI
USC. ADPI KD ZTA
Tenn. DDD DZ PHIMU
TX A&M. DDD KAPPA ZTA
Vandy DDD KAPPA THETA

By: SEC Royalty
by: ClearlyDec 26, 2015 10:31:08 PM

XO dominates the SEC

By: Clearly
by: hmmJan 1, 2016 1:12:41 PM

Basically it's DDD Chi O and KD that dominate the SEC.

Kappa, ADPi, Phi Mu, and Zeta would be next.

By: hmm
by: hmmJan 1, 2016 1:15:18 PM

Also, I know you only did 3 per school, but there are 7 top sororities at Alabama and any of the 7 could've been put on this list it just depends on the opinion of whoever writes it.

The 7 are Alpha Chi, Alpha Gam, Chi O, Tri Delta, KD, Kappa, and Phi Mu.

By: hmm
by: ???? Sep 30, 2016 4:06:31 AM

AXO is generally agreed as top three at Bama but you will have a lot of didcussion on the other three depending on who you ask and when! This year I would say AXO, XO, DDD, Phi Mu, kappa, KD, AGD. And, as another poster said, interchangeable depending on who writes it and where they are from. Queens have always been DDD, XO, and KD in the south!

By: ????
#24  by: huh?   

Kappa could be southern royalty but they would be dutchesses not princesses or queens.

By: huh?
#25  by: my 2 cents   

ZTA should be the next sorority at Ole Miss!

By: my 2 cents
#26  by: Bid Day   

where would the ZTA house go? and is it true they got kicked off for having a prostitution ring

By: Bid Day
by: OMGAug 9, 2017 8:09:10 PM

Really?? What year?

By: OMG
by: BridgettAug 9, 2017 9:54:14 PM

Heavens no

By: Bridgett
by: LOLOct 30, 2021 3:03:42 PM

The prostitution ring rumor is an old urban legend about DG at Bama.

By: LOL
#27  by: ZTA   

ZTA closed in 1999. They actually closed in 1986, then re-colonized in 1989, but didn't last. Yes, I'm a history geek and looked it up. There's a great listing on Wikipedia for OM and it includes the history of all Greek orgs (founding/closing/etc) if you're into history like me.

By: ZTA
#28  by: zeta house   

How about they re-take their house location, which is being used by nutrition and hospitality. Ole Miss finds and builds a newer building for that program and Zeta can get their house back and turn the building into a palace like the others on Sorority Row. That would be cool.

By: zeta house
#29  by: ^   

chi omega is no doubt southern royalty at these schools...kd is pretty strong across the board too

By: ^
by: Keep looking......Mar 21, 2019 6:12:50 AM

Somebody has way too much time on their hands.......maybe you could dig up some posts from even further back

By: Keep looking......
#30  by: Funfacts   

DZ used to be here a long time ago. If you look on the Ole Miss FLL page, it tells you all of our current and former chapters for sororitys and frats. Alpha Xi Delta also was here in the 60’s but closed due to low members since they didn’t have a house. Zeta was pretty much bullied off this campus and has said that unless they A) Get their house back and B) Ole Miss has a healthier Greek environment, that they’re not coming back. Ole Miss has already said they’re not giving up Lenior Hall which was the old Zeta house and clearly after what happened to Theta, our Greek environment is not going to be great for Zeta to come.

If we want a healthy Greek system, we need to do what arizona does and have a wide variety of sororities and fraternities. Arizona has twice as many sororities as we have. We need to create more housing options for the Greek community whether that’s turning Kincannon into a Panhellenic and non-panhellenic sorority community where each house (including black sororities and other non Panhellenic sororities) has a floor or whether that’s working on a Greek village off campus. We don’t need one new house, we need 10.

By: Funfacts

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.