facebook

the true southern royalty is:

by:    

The true southern royalty is:
Chi Omega
Zeta Tau Alpha (we don't have them, but we should get them)
Kappa Delta
Phi Mu
Delta Zeta ( wish we had them here)
Delta Delta Delta
Alpha Omicron Pi (Good at most Southern Schools and I believe will pick up here)

Posted By: true
Page 1 of 4
#1by:    

Somebody need to quit drinking and stick with the houses ole miss has. This is really stupid.

By: Gosh
by: ^   

Ole Miss is a southern school.

By: ^

Thanks, I had no idea

by: %   

We need to get Zeta Tau Alpha.

By: %
by: zta   

I have mixed feelings about getting Zeta back. They are a great southern house and we have a stronger Zeta alumni presence than any other NPC sorority we don't already have, but they struggled when they were here, and they aren't very strong at State anymore. Also, where would their house go?? Really, where would any new sorority's house go? Regardless of whether it's Zeta or not, we need another new house, and soon.

Other options would be Alpha Chi Omega, Gamma Phi Beta, Alpha Gamma Delta, maybe Alpha Xi Delta...but the none of these are really known in MS except for maybe Alpha Chi since they colonized at USM recently.

In MS- for some reason- houses usually don't do well unless there are multiple chapters in the state. For example - KKG, AOII, and Theta would most likely do a lot better at Ole Miss if MSU and USM had established chapters. And since Pi Phi has colonized at MSU, they have done really well for the 5 years they've been there and I think they wouldn't have had the same success if Ole Miss didn't already have an established chapter along with USM having a chapter as well. Therefore, getting Zeta would hopefully be beneficial to MSU's chapter and MSU's chapter would hopefully help our chapter. And if one of the other chapters colonized, they would need to step it up in MS in order to be successful. Alpha Phi probably needs to do the same.

By: zta
by: zta   

I have mixed feelings about getting Zeta back. They are a great southern house and we have a stronger Zeta alumni presence than any other NPC sorority we don't already have, but they struggled when they were here, and they aren't very strong at State anymore. Also, where would their house go?? Really, where would any new sorority's house go? Regardless of whether it's Zeta or not, we need another new house, and soon.

Other options would be Alpha Chi Omega, Gamma Phi Beta, Alpha Gamma Delta, maybe Alpha Xi Delta...but the none of these are really known in MS except for maybe Alpha Chi since they colonized at USM recently.

In MS- for some reason- houses usually don't do well unless there are multiple chapters in the state. For example - KKG, AOII, and Theta would most likely do a lot better at Ole Miss if MSU and USM had established chapters. And since Pi Phi has colonized at MSU, they have done really well for the 5 years they've been there and I think they wouldn't have had the same success if Ole Miss didn't already have an established chapter along with USM having a chapter as well. Therefore, getting Zeta would hopefully be beneficial to MSU's chapter and MSU's chapter would hopefully help our chapter. And if one of the other chapters colonized, they would need to step it up in MS in order to be successful. Alpha Phi probably needs to do the same.

By: zta
by: oh yeah   

We should get Zeta back for sure. They are part of our Southern Royalty!

By: oh yeah
by: but    

But now Kappa has real royalty with Meghan Markle moving into Buckingham Palace.

By: but
by: ?   

What's going to happen with the whole Meghan Markle royalty thing?

By: ?
by: hmmm   

royal

By: hmmm
by: really   

this post is from 2014!!!!! let it go!!!

By: really
#2by:    

these are very strong houses in the South, and it's interesting to see what houses have potential to colonize at Ole Miss in the future to help our greek community grow. I don't understand why the post is here, but hey, freedom of speech. It would be great if Ole Miss could one day have all these houses plus more.

By: It's okay

agree

by: but   

people are resistant to change

By: but
by: Bridgett   

Kappa had a MSU chapter for a while and it folded. Back in the late 70's.

By: Bridgett
by: dada   

dada on this fo shizziele

By: dada
by: never   

Alpha Phi will never be a southern house

By: never
#3by:    

I think OP put this up, so people could realize what the traditional houses are.

By: hmmmm
by: R   

dada

By: R
by: and   

because the south is very different. Alpha Phi is could in the midwest but struggles in the south.

By: and
by: Blind Side   

Which sorority was the Sandra Bullock character in The Blind Side in?

By: Blind Side
#4by:    

Zeta was at ole miss( but was pulled because of low membership (in the 90's along with adpi just not the same year) but I do think they would do much better now that the PNM numbers are so big.

By: FYI
by: quit   

KD quit, just quit the self ranking

By: quit

Huh? How is this post written by a KD? I actually agree with OP. These sororities are the varsity players here in the South. I would add ADPi to that list. They aren't super strong here, but at most Southern schools they are.

by: Rebs   

This is a positive post ,why are you trying to say anyone is self ranking ?

By: Rebs
by: Um   

It's true!

ZTA and ADPI used to be at Ole Miss and got closed because of low membership.

That's factual information.

By: Um
by: LOL   

The fact that this got so many down votes just proves a KD wrote it, LOL

By: LOL
by: huh?   

Why do you think a KD wrote any of this?

By: huh?
by: Poor things   

It does seem weird that KD gets accused of self ranking on a post that only has a slight reference to KD. Sometimes I think Trolls live in a whole separate world than the rest of us.

By: Poor things
by: true doo   

true ee

By: true doo
#5by:    

This list is correct. I too think that with time AOPi and ADPi will become strong as this is a Southern school. Would love to get Zeta and DZ on.

By: true

me too

by: yes   

If we got ZTA and DZ that would be so awesome.

By: yes

yes!

yes so good

#6by:    

This is not completely true. Some of these sororities are not good at other southern SEC schools so I wouldn't put a lot of importance in this post. And if you are going to base which sorority you want on other schools are like then KD and DG should be last on your list.

By: not correct
by: I agree   

I think op mostly got it right. i think SEC schools have some commonalities.

By: I agree
by: @"not correct"   

The OP does have KD on the list. No doubt KD is Southern Royalty. DG is okay here, but they really aren't very good at southern schools besides this one.

By: @"not correct"
by: gg   

Kd is absolutely top tier at every sec school except for texas but the texas tech chapter is super strong and won best sorority on campus they really are great

By: gg
by: eh   

Nationally, DG is very strong in other parts of the country, especially out west, but they have a very strong chapter at FSU, Their Auburn and Tennessee chapters are good and Bama and UGA are improving at well. The other major one you left off this list is Alpha Phi. They're strong at almost all of their chapters and are one of the bigger ones nationally.

By: eh
by: not yet   

Alpha Phi shouldn't be on the list of southern royalty. They're really strong out west, in the Midwest, and in the Northeast, but they're really just getting established in the South. They definitely don't have the same southern history as the others.

By: not yet
by: not a phone   

I'm not a fan of Alpha Phi. They just cause trouble

By: not a phone
by: M.   

I think of Alpha Phi as being really strong in the West, especially California.

By: M.
#7by:    

DZ is only good at directional schools and is not a major player. Kappa and Pi Phi are also excellent groups, they have some of their top chapters at southern schools. Arkansas, Baylor, Texas, etc.

By: no

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

As a Southern expert I can give a little here. DZ is pretty darn good at Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, Wake and UVA, and many "directional schools" in the South. They do have a lot of connections here in the south in particular throughout Texas. I would call them "Southern Royalty." They aren't Queens like ChiO, KD, DDD and Phi Mu, but they would classify as Princesses along with AOPi, ADPi and Kappa. I would consider Pi Phi to be cousins of Southern Royalty - Dutchesses.

by: just no   

DZ is bottom tier at Alabama. They are an established chapter, but they are not anywhere close to being top.

By: just no
by: DZ   

Has never even had a chapter at Arkansas.

As far as Texas, they have one OK chapter: Texas State. They're near the bottom at A&M and dormant at UT and SMU.

Agree that they're good at LSU, but even there they're not top.

By: DZ
by: KKG   

Kappa is also top at UGA and Vandy

By: KKG

I can't think of one campus in the south where Kappa is actually top and not mid...

by: Phi Mu   

In the South Kappa is top tier at many schools - Texas , Texas A&M, Tx Tech, SmU, Baylor. Arkansas, Missouri, Tulane, Vanderbilt, Clemson, Duke, Wake Forest,Virginia, Washington & Lee, Richmond, William&Mary, Alabama, Georgia

By: Phi Mu

Kappa is a train wreck at TCU.

by: mess   

I must disagree with you about Delta Zeta...University of Tennessee, University of Georgia, University of Alabama, University of Florida and University of South Carolina are just a few of the strong Southern chapters of Delta Zeta. Delta Zeta is a major player in both the SEC and nationwide.

By: mess
#8by:    

you had zta for years...............they left about 1989
dz in my opinion , is not what you would call a major player at this time
its funny that a sorority which is great at one school is not that great at another one..........go figure

By: mary jean

Would LOVE to get ZTA back here. I think they would thrive. They are Southern Royalty.

by: well   

Zeta is not good at state. I think that would play a big role in whether Zeta would do good here if they did come back. When our Zeta chapter struggled, state's Zeta chapter got worse, and it hasn't come back yet. I think they would stay bottom tier here if they came back, but I do think they would be better than they were many years ago.

By: well
by: ZTA @ State   

Is much better than they used to be.

By: ZTA @ State
by: Msu   

Zeta isn't getting better at state. They were mid tier until pi phi came in 2009 which passed them up. They are kind of a joke at state are bottom now with adpi. Also they were the first chapter at state and usually the first chapter is one of the most popular but it's the opposite which says a lot in my opinion

By: Msu
#9by:    

Why does this post keep getting bumped. This list has nothing to do at ole miss!

By: Why

Because this is a southern school

by: cause    

because we really want this to expand and become a bigger system

By: cause
#10by:    

DZ is NOT at Arkansas and never has been.

By: NO

still they and more importantly ZTA would do very well here.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.