facebook

What are the supposed tops

by:    

This is a serious question? I’m from OOS am reasonably attracted and have a 3.7 gpa. I don’t know many people, but the people I have met are from OOS too. Most of us were cut from a good number of sororities. I was just wondering in an honest opinion what people thought the top sororities were. I thought they were all nice from what I could see on a video and they all have cute girls, so my question is what do people consider top? I’m glad I have what I have.

Posted By: Serious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Comparison is the the thief of joy. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks, or what their schedules look like, or what is already behind you. Concentrate on what is currently right in front of you because that is something you can actually have some control over. All houses offer a great social life, a great sisterhood, and the best Ole Miss has to offer.

By: it doesn't matter
#2by:    

It doesn't matter gave you sound advice. Top tiers may not be a good fit for you as you may have been in a house with many of your pledge class already knowing each other from high school or camp etc. You may have found it harder to make friends. Some sororities are known to take a lot of Georgia girls for example and others California girls Etc. The point is do not look back and think the grass is greener if ONLY you had gotten X sorority. Instead spend your freshman year really making an effort to know your pledge class. Pay attention to the houses you have left at round 3 and preference on the girls they invite back to the house. Are these girls you see yourself being friends with as your pledge group will be the group you spend most of your time with outside of perhaps a sorority big sis. It is important to your experience to really focus on your grades and getting to know your pledge class so your happy the new four years at Ole Miss. Keep in mind once your in a sorority they all do the same thing. They have over the top rituals, eat together, go out together. The only difference is top houses MAY have more socials but all sororities will have fraternity socials. The bulk of your time is on sisterhood not at frat socials. All houses have good sisterhoods. This is after all Ole Miss. Ole Miss truly has no bad choices for sororities once you have your friend group it will feel better. As many as 1000 girls were cut from what people claim are the top/most established houses from round 1 to 2. Many of those girls had family that had gone to Ole Miss, had girls they were in sports with or High school with in the houses, had gone to camp with or had other networking connections you may not have had given your OOS. So feel happy as you cannot be hurt with people you have never met and have an expectation when you came in state girls or Memphis girls with connections were not going to be selected over you. If someone was coming to your hometown would you not chose your best friend from high school over a stranger? Also keep in mind this week just because you had a great conversation and the girls showing you her house during recruitment loved you she is one vote and may not be enough to get you back to the next round. In State girls know this is Ole Miss and is along as you have over minimum gpa house wants it comes down to connections. Again almost every girl at Ole Miss has grades, looks, activities etc. so the process is very hard and this is why connections are important. OOS girls are in all the houses at Ole Miss but sometimes it is humbling to them to realize in state girls are prioritized. Again this is a state school and in state girls Ms /Memphis area are more likely to support the school and chapter remaining in state years to come as Alums. Of course out of state alums also support but not in all the high numbers. Even if you chose not to join a house know you will make friends and love Ole Miss.

By: great advice

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.