facebook

Do I need to be a legacy

by:    

Do I need to be a legacy to be a KD? I know people in house, but everyone’s mom and sister seem to be KDs and now I’m worried.

Posted By: PNM
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

If me and another girl are competing for the last spot, and I have a better personality, resume, and gpa, will they keep a legacy over me?

By: lol
by: ^   

Where are you from?

By: ^
#2by:    

They don't have 100% legacies in their chapter so having chapter connections is a big help.

The wild card is the internal politics of the chapter alums. If the controlling old ladies want a girl gone she'll be gone and if they want a girl to get a bid she'll be at the top of the bid list. So it depends how many extremes on either side there are, otherwise you have a decent chance if your grades and reputation are high.

By: maybe
#3by:    

For every house on campus, being a legacy to an Ole Miss chapter holds more weight than being a legacy from other universities. I know of legacies that have been given a bid and others who have not. If all things between two PNMs are equal, legacy status is a small bonus. If the chapter members want a non-legacy girl over a legacy, the bonus does not matter. Many sororities will invite legacies back after the first round as a courtesy to the alumna, but are not required to give additional preferential treatment.

By: Rebs

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

Being a legacy to a chapter is not a guarantee for a bid. Some of the houses will have more legacies than their quota. Even if you are a legacy you still need connections.

By: IMO
by: Httytddy   

I agree- you increase your chances of getting into a top sororities by having connections with those girls prior to rush. Go in with an open mind and you will find a great sorority!

By: Httytddy

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.