facebook

i want to rush but i have a low gpa

by:    

so i really want to rush but unfortunately i dont meet the GPA requirement and im really confused on how to go about this as i really want to rush and there’s no way a school with a 99% acceptance rate has a gpa requirement, what are my options i dont want to be left out

Posted By: help
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

If you’re a girl you’re going to fall through to bottom tier. Here are your options:

If you have a high body count of guys that brag about getting it you’re an APHI.

If you are the lay the guy hits when nothing else works out and he hides it from his buddies you’re an ADPI.

If you are awkward but get it with the awkward guys you’re an AOPI

and if you just don’t fit in any of these but end up in this tier you’re an AXO

By: Lol

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#12by:    

Honestly, if a gpa is your only concern, when you're talking to these girls just put it out there that it is and what happened for it to be and stress how much better you wanna be in that area for the sake of being better for yourself. If you really do anyway, they'll def be able to sniff out if you say all that and don't really mean it. Meaning you're already lowering yourself to them more than that gpa. In the case you really aren't abt that, still put it out there that you're worried abt it bc at least you'd be considered aware. Best of luck

By: User46785
#13by:    

Also, what's the requirement for greek life and the average for the school? And if you're comfortable sharing what exactly is yours?

By: User46785
by: GPA stuff   

There is no GPA requirement to go through sorority recruitment, but sororities release PNM's based on grades severly in the 1st round. While sororities don't give bids based on grades, they base a lot of their cuts on grades. The panhellenic recruitment guide will say PNM's that have a 3.0 and above are good for having more options, 2.8 - 2.99 will limit their options, and below 2.8 will severely limit their options, but the reality is that GPA needs to be much higher than these guidelines. Like add .5 to each category. But you are not safe from being released from any house even with a 4.0 because there are other factors considered, such as connections, conversations and personality, and how you present yourself, so if you have high grades and still get cut you are not alone.

For fraternities you have to have a 2.7 to go through formal recruitment in fall, or to receive a bid outside of formal recruitment, or to be initiated.

The average undergrad women GPA is 3.1, the Panhellenic average is 3.2. The average undergrad men GPA is 2.8, IFC is 2.9. The overall undergrad is 3.0.

By: GPA stuff
#14by:    

If you are going through sorority recruitment and you have below a 3.0 you will be limited to ADPi APhi AOPi AXO after open house round so don’t waste your time worrying about the rest of the houses and figure out which of these houses is a fit for you based on conversations and vibes.

They all have swaps,date parties etc. It’s not as deep as people make it seem you will have fun and friends unless you are the type to waste your time being butt hurt about the houses that dropped you.

By: Hello
by: !!   

First off aopi has some of the smartest girls, second I’d add pi phi and phi mu there they struggle so much recruiting specifically pi phi. No one wants to join them and be stuck having swaps with horrible frats and not getting invited to date parties bc of wearing pi phis letters

By: !!
by: Hummm   

If AOPi has some of the smartest girls why are you at bottom of GPA rank. Also check out the Scorecards on the Ole Miss Greek page. That gives a great overview of sororities.

Secondly, no one cares about these fake ranks unless you are a freshman from Miss.

If you look at most…not all…insta pages for sororities you could not tell them apart until you see the letters. \n\n\n\n\n

By: Hummm
by: lol   

Check out the retention rates and that will show you all you need to know, look at which house lost the most members. Might have a good gpa but that means nothing^

By: lol
#15by:    

If you have a learning disability, I would see the Ole Miss disability office and have them work with the head Greeks at Ole Miss. As chapters want to brag about their GPAs so it matters. But there may be a way for your learning disability not to count to chapter total GPA. Please note you are better to get a good college GPA focus on grades and then plan on rushing for mid-tier or below. Once you are in a house you will no longer care about rank

By: learning disability

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.