facebook

how hard is it to rush w no connections?

by:    

i’m rushing in the fall and i’m from far oos (illinois). idk anyone at ole miss and i know how competitive rush is here, so i was wondering how hard it would be to rush without knowing anyone? i don’t care about rankings at all, i just want a bid, but is there a big chance i would be completely dropped?

Posted By: northernpnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

But you said the same thing at TCU...

By: ?
#2by:    

Truly, your best position as a pnm is to simply act as yourself. You may likely be dropped from many chapters right away, but that fact says more about those chapters being required to drop over 75% of PNMs after first round than it EVER does about you being somehow wrong for sorority life. It is reminded that you only need ONE BID after pref, and if you somehow end up with only ONE invite after first round please take it in stride. That one home may eventually become you forever home! Best of luck & Be Your Best You, Always.

By: YOU

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

not hard at all. ole miss is probably the easiest school to rush at because pcs are so huge it’s just all grades based

By: nope!
by: hang on   

PC size has nothing to do with connections, and if it were all grades based then girls with 4.0's wouldn't get dropped 1st round from some houses where connections are important. But not all houses are connections-based so if a pnm doesn't listen to ranks, which is the best way to rush, she will get a house and be happy.

By: hang on
#4by:    

Right now, the best thing that you can do is to make sure that your grades are good. Look at the community grade report for Ole Miss. The highest GPA's were around 3.45. That's what you should shoot for to not have to worry about grades. The second thing that you can do is to clean up your social media if needed and also follow the chapters and members on Instagram. Find active members from your high school or area and reach out to them. That could be a foot in the door for you. Finally, if you keep an open mind and go with the flow during rush, you will get a bid.

By: the real deal
#5by:    

Unpopular opinion here. You are in the best possible position coming into ole miss. You don't have the pressure that so many girls have from their friends and family about where you SHOULD go, what you SHOULD think about each house, what you SHOULD want. You can come in and do rush your way and only your way.

My advice, go through rush and follow what feels right to you. Accept that there is a numbers game that works in very few peoples favor. And be open to every house not just what Carleigh or Madyson from your dorm say is best (they haven't been given the freedom of forming their opinion anyway). Get recs, no matter what anybody says. And just go with it.

Fact: Every house at ole miss is fantastic. The only way you can go wrong is if you limit your own options.

By: Unpopular
#6by:    

top - legacy based
mid - pick the best girls of what's left after the legacy based are picked. (note: i didn't say legacy based are better, just saying they are the first off the board)
bottom - pick anyone really

it's not hard, you just have to know your place.

getting into college isn't hard, but if you have average scores and only applied to ivy schools, then, well, you aren't going to college.

By: am

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.