facebook

How much of recruitment happens before rush week?

by:    

I'm planning on rushing as a freshman at Ole Miss (I am an OOS student) this upcoming fall and I'm a little bit nervous about being cut from sororities before having a chance to meet the girls in the houses. I know that the houses look at your social media beforehand - how much of their pre-screening is looks/how good your IG looks? I'm not really in the most popular/rich/southern friend group and I am definitely not super hot/cute so I'm worried that this will hurt my chances as someone who doesn't know that many people going into rush. Besides that, I have a good GPA and a lot of leadership roles. I'm also in NCL and have done a lot of charity - will they even look at that stuff before making up their minds about me? Thank you for the help :)

Posted By: anonymous
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Everything is looked at, not just IG. Rush at Ole Miss is about who knows you, your perceived character, and then looks.

See if anyone at your HS goes to Ole Miss and if they are in a sorority or even a fraternity. Reach out to them and tell them you are going through because it could help you. Get recs for each sorority.

By: Yes
#2by:    

the majority of it happens before for the "top" tiers. but literally even the "lowest tiers" have hot cute fun girls. they are just from out of state. keep an open mind and you will find a home

By: fyi

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.