facebook

Pledge class numbers

by: Crazy

Pi phi has 223 new members??? Don’t these numbers seem crazy? What about the other pledge classes?

Posted By: Crazy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Numbers    

I’ve heard pledge classes from 180-240

By: Numbers
#2  by: RebelGym   

Alpha Chi Omega - 185 (from Instagram)

By: RebelGym
by: YesAug 19, 2023 8:40:24 PM

These numbers seem insane it’s too hard to meet girls and make friends with these numbers

By: Yes
by: NumbersAug 20, 2023 6:27:56 PM

Chi o 159
A phi 203
Adpi 243
Dg 184

By: Numbers
#3  by: RebelGym   

Didn’t stalk - posted by an active that I know

By: RebelGym
#4  by: Nuts   

We need 2 or 3 more houses. These classes are just too big.

By: Nuts
by: Original postAug 19, 2023 8:42:08 PM

I completely agree, this is why houses have such high drop outs because the girls are just numbers and don’t actually meet friends

By: Original post
#5  by: Lol   

There is no more room on campus to build houses. No one is going to succeed at UM without a house. The point of recruitment is to grow and sustain Greek life and the process is set up for the houses and pnms to succeed. The only way to lower numbers is the old fashion setting of a quota and then cutting 1,000 girls. That’s archaic and nasty.

By: Lol
by: Come onAug 19, 2023 9:20:17 PM

Seriously? The old zeta house can be built into a new one? I applaud a chi I for coming here and building a great pledge class and see others in the future wanting to do the same. Girls at ole miss can succeed without a house? You must be a Mississippi girl stuck in her ways

By: Come on
by: my 2 centsAug 20, 2023 1:53:51 PM

The University should build parking structures to free up land for more sororities.

By: my 2 cents
#6  by: Original post   

We need more houses and not bully them off campus

By: Original post
by: THISAug 19, 2023 11:15:25 PM

Truly. We need more chapters but we also need to talk up all the chapters we do have because we need each and every one of them. We don’t need another Theta situation where someone gets bullied off campus.

By: THIS
by: GhostAug 20, 2023 2:14:34 PM

I heard ZTA was bullied off campus too way back. Theta and Zeta are great groups and should be here.

By: Ghost
by: ZTA againAug 21, 2023 4:38:32 AM

ZTA was never bullied off campus they closed per Nationals due to numbers just like Theta, PI PHI, and ADPI. ADPI and PI PHI have come back on campus with great success. Some new houses are going to have to be built and they will need buses as they will have to be off campus. But the greek system should make a place for any accomplished young women. The system needs to be changed to allow girls to make friends with reasonable size classes and not stress them out during recruitment. Each girl is worthy of a great house. PAN LOVE FROM TOP HOUSE ALUM

By: ZTA again
by: THETA Aug 21, 2023 4:41:41 AM

Theta would be a better house to come back over Zeta. Zeta has never been strong in MS.

By: THETA
by: wrong Aug 21, 2023 4:44:21 AM

NO one got bullied off campus your Nationals close houses with poor retention rates. This happens across the nation as Nationals for the sorority brand want strong full chapters. Times have changed time to bring back on houses or set up a new row with buses.

By: wrong
by: Truth Aug 21, 2023 7:31:34 AM

This comment is everything! This is exactly what happened to Zeta and Theta at Ole Miss. They constantly try to do this to others as well. It's pitiful.

By: Truth
by: I was there Aug 21, 2023 9:04:26 AM

You simply do not like facts that AOPI had a national that supported them when their chapter was not as strong. The fact was THETA, PI PHI, ZETA, and ADPI Nationals shut the chapters down for retention. But have come back strong. This was not OLE Miss choice and not any other sorority on campus nor frat. Many sororities exist at Campus without frat cool pairing this is only one aspect of what makes a sisterhood. Shocking the people so immature if you give this much power to one sorority. Perhaps this is why they did not end up in a top house at the start.

By: I was there
by: YesAug 21, 2023 9:20:05 AM

Nationwide: single Greek organization has had to close a chapter at some point for low retention/ low membership! Every single 1!
We all have sisters out there ( that we do or don’t know) that have gone through this process and it’s not easy.
And Piphi was installed in the early 60’s and hasn’t been pulled bc of numbers like some on here suggesting

By: Yes
#7  by: Capitalism    

Don’t believe the lie. With enough money, there’s always a solution. Its called ‘supply and demand’. Perhaps you’ve heard of it? Certain groups are afraid of competition (a.k.a Old Row) It should be a matter of basic math: More houses = smaller pledge classes. Everyone wins! Unfortunately there are too many alumnae afraid of change even when it’s blindly obvious they too would benefit.

By: Capitalism
by: Kd PrefAug 19, 2023 9:50:06 PM

Yup. Finally some wise words from somebody who understands economics.

By: Kd Pref
by: FollowThe$$$ Aug 19, 2023 10:35:18 PM

This IS a real estate move, make no mistake. But it isn’t Old Row, it’s the houses with the most at risk. AOPi took 240 new members today. Just so happens they’re also building a new house…🤔

By: FollowThe$$$
by: Correction Aug 21, 2023 8:36:39 AM

Comment for post above this 1
Phi pi hasn’t had to be reinstalled
adp, zeta, theta are the ones that were pulled off bc of low # but it didn’t help how people treated the girls that were a part of those struggling chapters. We want as many people to experience Greek life as much as possible which helps each house locally and nationally.

By: Correction
#8  by: Rebel Gym   

Alpha Delta Pi - 240

By: Rebel Gym
#9  by: Ehh   

Pi phi also gave out a few snap bids this year

By: Ehh
by: TwoAug 20, 2023 1:43:06 PM

Only two

By: Two
by: NoAug 20, 2023 1:44:43 PM

Not true

By: No
by: yeaAug 20, 2023 1:51:39 PM

No snap bids were given out on pi phi’s behalf

By: yea
by: WelpAug 21, 2023 2:34:33 PM

I personally know 2 girls that got snap bids to pi phi so it is true

By: Welp
#10  by: EX   

University only cares about money and needs to be more selective about letting people in. Classes will get smaller over time.

By: EX
by: Ole LilyAug 21, 2023 1:07:16 AM

I think you mean sororities only care about money and should DEFINITELY return to the days of being selective and exclusive, right?

By: Ole Lily

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.