facebook

Out of state question

by:    

Can someone explain what the appeal or draw is for MS girls as opposed to out of state? Is it connections, commitment, etc.? Something else?

Posted By: Sam
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I think I’m interpreting your question correctly. The sororities at Ole Miss prefer MS girls because they are beautiful, kind, smart and ambitious. Now, they are not all this way but the ones that are go to the best sororities on campus. They want them as alumni to support the chapters in the future. There are many very impressive girls from out of state but there are also the ones that think they’ll come in and rule this recruitment process. They quickly find out that they have underestimated the MS girls. Many are not only beautiful & kind but they are rich. You can’t come in expecting MS girls to be walking around barefooted with a homemade dress and not be competitive against out of state girls.

By: Keri

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Boat   

Damn I wonder where you’re from

By: Boat
by: Indy girl   

Let’s be honest a lot of mississippi girls have parents who are working two or three jobs to get them through rush and school and are mortgaging the home to get them in a decent house.

This is all they have in life. The Greek system is their end all to be all.

My daddy can just strike a check for everything. We don’t go into debt for this.

By: Indy girl
#2by:    

Mississippi rich is middle class in prosperous states.

By: FFF
by: Fact checker   

MS is the poorest state in the US. 2nd poorest state is Arkansas. Their state motto: "At least we're not Mississippi"

By: Fact checker
by: Truth   

Two posts above 100%. I have been to a few homes of girls in so called “top tier” sororities in Mississippi and they are very basic like 3 room ranch homes.

Girl has a Lexus because family has another mortgage on their home and are extended up the wazoo becsuse they have to keep up appearances for Oxford and the Greek system. Sad, really.

I’m in what some see as a mid tier house at Old Miss but my dad is an orthopedic surgeon in another state. Not criticizing but they need the system more so than people with actually money and plenty of connections outside of Mississippi.

By: Truth
#3by:    

You chose to come to school in MS and then you’re surprised that in state girls have more connections and you bad mouth MS. You came here bc the SEC is trendy. They came here bc they have been Ole Miss for generations. If you wanted some in state preferential treatment then you should have gone to whatever school is close to you that your parents have ties to but from my estimation your parents probably don’t have a college education or enough money where you are from to pay your way into society and now you sit at alpha phi or adpi butt hurt that all the top and middle houses dropped you. You may think you are rich by MS standards but you are classless and rude and obviously middles class where you are from or you would have stayed there or we would have let you into a house that didn’t just pop up.

By: Bless your heart
by: Joke    

Let’s take a guess where you’re from? Most ms girls rush top houses with barely a 3.0 gpa out of high school may I add y’all hardly even have AP classes so these girls are literally flat line stupid. You want a girl who has qualities you look for? Maybe look outside of your circle and grow upon others who you can be friends with. Everyone after graduation moves tf out of Mississippi because of how bad it is

By: Joke
#4by:    

Honey, this is how the world works...it's all about connections. As they say, "Its who you know, not what you know." And this is especially true in the Magnolia State. Thank the lord for all of that out of state tuition! In case you didn't know, more than 50 percent of the student body is from out of state. At nearly $40K a year...can you say CHA-CHING$$?? Make no mistake- most of that money is coming from TEXAS. When your lil pumpkin doesn't have the GPA to get into UT Austin or TX A&M, and you're not the Red Raider type, there's always Ole Miss! Its a tale as old as time...

By: Truth
by: Preach   

Thank you! Let those OOS girls keep funneling money in, we like your money and no, you won’t get Old Row!

By: Preach
by: Old Roe Ho   

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you should check the chapter directories. There are plenty of OOS girls in PM, KKG, DDD, XO & KD.

By: Old Roe Ho
#5by:    

Connections, Connections, Connections is what gets you into top houses.

By: SEC

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.