facebook

Question about my baby girl going through Rush

by:    

My daughter is out of state and she is getting a lot of good vibes from Pi Phi. I don’t know them really well at Ole Miss. I went to SMU and was a Theta.

She seems okay with it. My question is are they any good and respected? I want her to be happy but I don’t want her to be in a slum
House. I guess I am looking for some reassurances.

Posted By: Out of state
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

My advice is for you to get off of greek rank and let your daughter find her place on her own. Recruitment is about the pnms finding the house they are the happiest and feel the most comfortable in, not about feeling superior to others.

By: stop
by: Hey   

It’s a fake post

By: Hey
#2by:    

It’s a great house!

By: So
by: Out of state   

Thank you!!! I just want her to be happy y’all. Nervous mama!

By: Out of state
#3by:    

“Slum”?!? Check yourself “Theta” …..Pi Phi has the 2nd highest new member GPA. They are beautiful, sweet, friendly girls. Involved all over campus. A gorgeous newly renovated house. Any girl is lucky to get a bid from them!

By: Just stop

It’s a joke post

#4by:    

Theta was closed at Ole Miss and kicked off at SMU and the OP is a troll so……

By: Hmmm
by: Out of state   

I think it is fine to be nervous and just ask questions. A lot of moms are on pins and needles.

By: Out of state
#5by:    

This is not a good site for info! If you want a genuine sisterhood she will love PiPhi! Their new house is gorgeous.

By: Answer

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

The OP is just messing with y’all there is no theta mom coming on here from OOS

#6by:    

First issue is worrying about what others think. All houses are good, non are superior or better than others. If she’s happy that should be it, end of story !

By: Please
#7by:    

They are okay. Nothing embarrassing though. Girls are genuinely sweet and lower mid-tier. But honestly, a lot of nice girls and less drama.

By: Sorority girl
by: Okay   

Why would you even post something like that? Girl, you have no class.

By: Okay
by: Yall   

This is the OP coming back and commenting on her own post because they like to cause drama on anonymous sites bc it’s better than their sad pathetic geed existence

By: Yall
#8by:    

this is 100% a person from pi phi posting this like omgggggg It’s so funny when people act like they’re old women to validate their sorority bc they hate the fact that they’re in it. YES it is one of the bottom sororities sorry miss mommy !!!!

By: HAHAH
by: Yall   

Nope it’s 100percent a troll like you who has probably never even gone to college

By: Yall
#9by:    

DG alums are usually behind these posts. They were the house that bullied Theta so badly way back when and their alums are a nasty group-the actual DGs on campus in the chapter are not to be confused with their alums. The girls in house are nice.

Same person has probably been on here pushing the negative stuff about LK and DDD and the KD alum drama.

By: Haha
by: DG alum fact check   

I am an Ole Miss DG alum and had many friends that were Ole Miss Theta Alums. They are some of my best friends. Resent your post. Fact Check ZETA, PI PHI, ADPI, and THETA were all closed by Nationals due to lack of membership at Ole Miss. AOPI stuck it out as they were always ranked under Theta(although a good house as well). ADPI and PI PHI have come back on Campus and I hope THETA will as well. The idea you think one sorority like DG on campus has a say over another one with a large national shows me you know nothing. PAN love and if you actually are a sorority girl your sorority should have done a better job on pledge education about how Nationals works for sororities as they close weak chapters. Respect for AOPI sticking out the rough times.

By: DG alum fact check
#10by:    

Theta at SMU is known for the blow or blow game. Did you do the blow or give it? Which would you have encouraged you dear sweet daughter to do?

By: Theta sucks
by: Correction DG Alum   

Pi Phi was installed in the 60’s here at ole miss. It wasn’t ever pulled.
Adp, theta and Zeta members went through a lot to try and keep numbers up to keep the chapters from closing and they had some great members too. No one wants to see a lady and her sisters go through that and that has happened to all Panhellenic chapters across the country - which means every single chapter has experienced this - ask your national advisors what that’s like and having to tell those ladies who have worked to save their chapter that their hard work wasn’t enough
We need to stop bashing and support the entire Greek system. We do need more houses but we need AXO to be strong enough with numbers before we can add more

By: Correction DG Alum

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.