facebook

How chapters recruit

by: Truth

XO DG PM PBP run clean recruitments
KD DDD Kappa run dirty recruitments
ADPi AOPi APhi AXO are trusting the process

XO KD DDD are not trying to get to know you during rounds. They already know you months if not years before the first round and they are heavily relying on alums and advisors. That 60% cut wasn’t personal unless you actually slept with one of their bfs or brothers. KD and DDD bid promise while XO makes their legacies squirm by not bid promising (their mamas already know though it is part of the fun) KD sets girls up to fail with tricks. DDD has pre rush get togethers but it’s a good thing not a trap and they set up legacies with each other or their friends from high school that are getting bids as roommates.

DG Kappa PM PBP also have legacies and friends coming through but do go through resumes and connect with girls through social media and during rounds. The more connections you have the better your chances so an active that meets you and likes you will try and get you to meet all her friends to give you more connections. They have seen every bit of your social media and asked around about you and they like to recruit friend groups and roommates. Kappa sets tasks for girls buying drinks and bid promising and then cutting them pretty much the same strategy as KD the more girls they can make cry the better. It’s mean girl crap and it works for them just like it did in high school when they left girls out or suddenly dropped them as friends. If you made one of the DG group chats with other pnms your bid is safe. PM and PBP really stress following rush rules and if anything happens that isn’t within the rules it is a genuine mistake.

The rest are meeting girls through rounds and have very few prior connections however in these houses a connection with just one or two girls is enough to get you a bid. ADPi, AOPi and AXO will rank their bid list based on how long girls were coming back to them, grades, and then if they get to it socials. APhi will rank the girls that come back to pref on looks and will continue to do so after they are members.

Posted By: Truth
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Yep   

This is so accurate. I was rushed by 2 of the 3 that are listed as dirty rushers and visited both houses during pref.

I was in communication with girls from those houses my whole senior year in high school.

By: Yep
by: And……..Aug 20, 2024 2:12:42 PM

And are you a member of one of them?

By: And……..
#12  by: Alum thoughts    

Normally I am never on this site but given a sorority alum sister called me to look at something I noticed your post. Let me be clear I have had an over 25-year career based on an administrative assistant selecting my resume due to me being an Ole Miss graduate. I was in one of what you claim are the top sororities and her daughter was a Phi Mu at Ole Miss. All OOS. Many of my friends graduating from Ole Miss went to top Ivy League professional schools after Ole Miss. Why? We had the grades, and I believe we actually had the advantage of knowing our professors. So, unlike other larger SEC schools we had more detailed recommendations letters. When I got to professional school in the NE and someone said they did not know people in MS had shoes. I said we are both in the same place now but the difference if I did not pay for undergraduate and loved my school. If you cannot get a good career out of Ole Miss this is on you. Let me be clear usually sorority girls help others from their chapter, and this is what I am doing now. They are not going to help random alums from other schools unless your friends. All of our Ole Miss sororities are Nationally well known with strong alums. My personal thoughts are perhaps people tell themselves they chose a less popular sorority at Ole Miss for alum connections to justify to themselves they did not get in a popular one. Take me for the old fart I am but you do not need to justify yourself to anyone. Glad I am not going through recruitment no regrets on my choices. Ole Miss is a fantastic school and life/school/sorority is what you make of it. You all have fabulous opportunities ahead of you. Be proud of your school and the pretty campus.

By: Alum thoughts
by: Alum thoughts Aug 20, 2024 4:02:43 PM

PS To spell it out my Ivy League degree did not open the doors. I was highly qualified and so was everyone else in the pile. It was my Ole Miss undergraduate getting me put at the top of the pile. Good luck to you all and be true to your chosen school!

by: Alum thoughts Aug 20, 2024 4:13:50 PM

Agree all the way with Alum Meh. Your pledge sisters are the bonds for life. You may network with alum clubs but you can also network with Ole Miss alum club or professional groups and societies. Expanding your network is always good. But for my friends I want people that have been my ride or die pledge sisters although I live across the US they still invite me to our annual beach trips. Love my girls and want this for all of you!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.