facebook

Tri Delta legacies

by:    

Anyone hear that several Tri Delta legacies got cut in error?

Posted By: Brianna
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I heard this and wonder if it’s really true? The only cut they had when this started circulating was the first day before going into philanthropy. Tri Delt had to cut about 60% of all girls going through. All of the houses have their list already made for the first night cut because they don’t see the girls in person. If it was an error, where did it occur? In the computer?

I wonder if it’s actually the fact that because they had such a large cut, yes, some legacies did get cut, but since there are so many that go through every year, maybe those girls weren’t going to make it to bid day anyway so Tri Delt included them in the first night cut to rip the band aid off early. Their moms, or the girls themselves who are upset about it, could have started the rumor that there was an error to justify them being cut first round.

I’m not saying that’s what happened, but it would be very interesting if there was a true error, and on whose part or how could that error be explained?

By: HDC

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Brianna   

My son heard it on campus but his GF said there were tons of legacies in the houses with her, so she thought it was just a crazy rumor. She is not a legacy & did not want to be there in error.

By: Brianna
#2by:    

Yes above ^^^^ rumor mill is strong and similar was said for XO last year

By: Truth
#3by:    

Actually @really aphi is a small chapter here and they posted a photo of a “diversity committee” that had no diversity and it went viral and then hit the news

so yes I do think the system changing the rules for a bunch of legacies at a time when greek legacies and diversity are key taking points for the media it would make the cycle.

Ask that kappa legacy that posted one Snapchat photo with a swastika on her face how fast that got from social media to news coverage?

Anyways maybe DDD didn’t want those legacies and couldn’t think of another way to drop them than to act like there was some huge computer scandal. Maybe the KAs filed a complaint that the legacy girls weren’t up to par lately and wanted more looks girls for their pledges.

By: Yep
by: ^   

Guess what - local Mississippi news about sororities is not "viral".

Legacies got dropped because a chapter had to make cuts, and they decided who to carry and who to release because it's their right.

There is no "system changing the rules for a bunch of legacies". Where are you getting that? And did you really say that a fraternity would file a complaint about a sorority's pledge class? What in the ever loving hell are you smoking?

You are unhinged.

By: ^
#4by:    

Those invitation lists are scoured by a whole committee of people, including advisors. Believe it that any legacy will get preference, every time. But when you have to release over half of the pnms some legacies won’t make the cut. That preference means the chapter will review that girl more seriously than any other PNM before she’s released. Chapters aren’t in the business of pissing off their alums. So don’t ever buy into the rumor of an accidental drop, wrong bid list, or any of it because it disrespects the committees and chapter members that invest in the very hard decisions that must be made.

By: GA
by: yes   

Well said.

By: yes

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.