facebook

Do I have a chance

by:    

I'm a Texas girl, not the best high school resume (I had to take summer school most years), I can decently hold a conversation, I have no connections but I know some of the do's and donts of rush. I really want a top house but idk if i can get one as an out of state girl.

Posted By: me too
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

IDK why people keep asking about top house. No, you are not getting what you THINK is a top house without connections, because that is all that top house means here. Not getting a top house here is in no way a failure and no one will look down on you, it just means you are not from the hometown of members, or didn't go to the same high school, and neither did your mom or sister. It has nothing to do with the quality of membership or the perception of them on campus (some of what people really think about them might shock you). Will you get a great house - YES!

Also see Variable Quota.

By: Nope

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

no lol

By: yawn
#3by:    

Most of the top houses cut hard for grades and have high minimum average You may need to wait as grades will count at all houses and get you cut.

By: grades count
#4by:    

All of the houses at Ole Miss are good.

By: Delta
#5by:    

Everyone has a chance at a bid. Girls in your situation tend to drop themselves out of recruitment bc they think they are too good for the houses they have left at sisterhood round.

News flash-you aren’t too good for any chapter and no chapter is too good for you.

You are supposed to be finding where you fit. And with a struggling academic background you don’t fit in a house that prides themselves on competing for top grades-you will be miserable bc they will be constantly harping on grades.

By: Yeah
#6by:    

I’m curious: Why did you choose Ole Miss? With all due respect, most people with subpar high school grades/resumes don’t make academics a priority in choosing a college. I would think there are plenty of schools in Texas where you could have fun, meet guys, etc without all the hassle of going out-of-state for college.

At any rate, and to be blunt, those who didn’t excel in high school for whatever reason generally don’t magically find their academic bearings in college, where there is more individual responsibility for time management, studying, etc and far more distractions. Best of luck, though.

By: Well….
by: Lib   

You seem super fun. I bet you get invited to all the KD single gal wine nights while everyone else is at the bars.

By: Lib
by: bffr   

i don’t think you realize how hard it is to get into desirable texas schools even with good grades. not everyone wants to go to texas tech and ole miss is pretty inexpensive compared to other out of state options so don’t attack this girl for coming to ole miss.

girl, you will be fine. listen to what people are saying here besides this guy. top houses don’t really matter, what’s important is trying to find somewhere where you feel like you have the support to grow into who you want to be!

By: bffr
#7by:    

Honey, you'll be just fine. Don't worry about getting a bid from whet is talked about here as a "top" house. Most of those sororities are pulling from Mississippi - they are a great time if you know everyone already. As someone out of state, you absolutely have lots of great options, and will find your home, but don't get hung up on these rankings.

By: Hey there
#8by:    

Every house here is better than every house at a lot of other places.

By: Actually
#9by:    

If Ole Miss were a legitimate educational institution no you would have no chance of getting in here with subpar grades and limited activities/accomplishments, much less getting what you arbitrarily think of as a “top” house… but since it’s a party school with mediocre academics in a state that ranks last in pretty much everything - yes, you will do fine here and hopefully you will find a suitable boy to marry who will support you with his family money (NOT with his personal ambition or individual success).

Best of luck! You must be so proud of yourself…

By: Honestly…

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.