facebook

Do I have a chance

by:    

I need y’all to completely honest and so blunt with me. As an out of state girl with no connections in the top houses like ddd, chi o, kd, kappa, do I even have a chance? I have great grades, recs for some, and can hold a convo, but I’ve heard those houses already know 90% of their pc already. PLEASE be so blunt, do not sugar coat it
if not what houses do I have a good chance at?

Posted By: OOS
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

you have a better chance than you probably think nowadays OOS students make up half of ole miss and most chapters try to take a decent amount of OOS girls bc of this so i dont think thats that big of a deal BUT you will be competing against at least 2000 other PNMs who may have all the things you have plus connections and realistically without connections at ole miss your chances are drastically lowered at getting into a top house HOWEVER if you have all the qualities you say you have i think you can at least be confident that you wont end up in a bottom house

By: honest

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

No, you do not have a great chance because this year will be variable quota. That means that instead of one quota for all houses there will be larger quotas for some and smaller for others. The chapters with largest memberships and strong recruiting histories will take the smallest new member classes, therefore their releases will be bigger than ever. They will be cutting in-state friends as well as legacies.

By: not this year
by: OOS   

Is variable quota only used in select years?

By: OOS
by: VQ   

There is no way of telling ahead of time which years variable quota will be used, but it may very well be more of a constant thing at this point. The houses with lower memberships need to grow, the ones you want to join are too big, and more sororities are needed here to accomodate growing demand and variable quota is necessary for their establishment, so the need for it isn't really going away.

You are probably thinking that you might sit out recruitment this year in the hopes that there won't be variable quota next year and make it easier for you to get one of those houses. Well, you need to understand that upperclassmen are not really desired, so your chances go way down if you wait, variable quota or not.

Don't be obsessed with certain houses. Wearing those letters would not be perceived as some kind of achievement unless you are from podunk mississippi, and wearing others is not exactly a black mark either. Nobody here really cares, and you will be judged on your own looks and personality. No letters can make you prettier, sweeter, more fun, or more liked than you already are. Not getting a 'top' house is not a condemnation that you weren't good enough, it's just a numbers game. There are some not-so-top girls in the 'top' houses and some gorgeous, popular girls in the 'bottom' ones. Everybody knows.

By: VQ
#3by:    

What makes a top house in your eyes? If you are looking at certain sororities as you start the rush process, you are most likely going to be disappointed. If you plan on keeping an open mind and not worried about the "top" houses you will have a better experience. If you do not have connections in the "top" houses, to be honest, you will most likely not get into those. Enjoy the experience and when you find your home you will know it pretty quickly. Good luck!

By: HOTTYTODDY
#4by:    

The houses who are under variable quota this year include:
Chi Omega
Kappa Delta
Phi Mu
Tri Delta
Delta Gamma
Kappa Kappa Gamma

they are taking maximum 100 member pledge classes if that

The other four houses are taking
more

By: fbgm
by: ^   

All houses are under variable quota. It's a different system of RFM.

By: ^

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.