facebook

Honest question about AOii

by:    

Why are they ranked so low? The girls look normal and cute based on their Insta?

My sister was AOii at Auburn where they ranked pretty high. What's the deal with them at Ole Miss? Grade risks? OOR?

Posted By: Wondering
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

One of the most popular girls at my OOR high school went AOii. Now I’ll be an incoming freshman next year. Is AOii just where lots of out of region girls end up?

By: Curious
#2by:    

All sororities at Ole Miss are great ones. Enjoy where you foound a home.

By: truth

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Please do not go with ranks, they mean nothing. Go to the sorority that you feel is the best fit for you. It might not be the "most popular" but that means nothing.

By: TRUTH
#4by:    

I'm not going to join based on rank, but is that all the rank is... popularity? And some are more popular because they are Old South? I'm just confused. Not looking to diss anyone or any sorority, just looking for a straight answer.

By: Still
by: timeout   

I'd rather define GreekRank, which is simply a fun way to kill a few hours/days for people who may or may not currently attend a university and may not even be a member of a greek group.

By: timeout
#5by:    

So if a girl from (strictly for example) Jackson Prep went AOii, the Prep girls and Prep moms would gossip about what a comedown it is for that girl and why she was cut from other houses - or they would say, in a very patronizing way, “Oh, it’s so nice she found a home” if it’s somebody they didn’t think would get a bid anywhere. (And sort of in their defense, about 99.99% of Prep girls who are inclined to go through recruitment have Greek connections, so if a girl does land a “lower” house, she probably did do something with or to somebody to hurt her chances with top houses - generally though such girls go Aphi now).

But PNMs who do not come from the cloistered world of private school Mississippi do not face such silliness and thus have more freedom to choose the house that’s right for them, not the “right” house.

By: Real Story
#6by:    

aopi use to be a very solid middle of the road house (think what piphi is today).

so what happened? (in order according to Abe):
(1) lack of sisterhood. the girls don't go out or hang out. most of this has to do with instagram. other houses go out, post pics, etc. Not aopi. they use to have the "chill girl" feel. You know someone in your class you can small talk with but wouldn't ask to hang out outside of class.
(2) Just being there. Other houses have gotten better and aopi has just been on cruise control for years.
(3) Old house. The houses that were below them (aphi, adpi) have new houses. New girls gravitate towards them.
(4) nothing unique/special about them. for a pnm they will see aphi and think "my gosh these girls are hott!!!", they will see adpi (or at least the few they show off) and think the same (to a lesser degree of course). Aopi isn't anything special.

Now the new class does have some (few) standouts. Reminds me of adpi who take a few grade risk or just fell through the cracks type. Not sure if these few aopi girls will stick around.

By: Honest Abe
#7by:    

They don’t have good socials. They are a mixed bag that ends up with not a lot of sisterhood.

By: Yak

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.