facebook

PNM’s…don’t pay attention to GR

by:    

from someone who is actually an active member in a sorority here: (not a mommy or someone from a diff school)
i only came on here because i forgot about GR and wanted to see what was up…it’s such a weird site lmao
but let me get on my soap box real quick and give some advice :)
every house is basically the same, give or take. if you are planning on going through recruitment don’t pay attention to what the mommies, geeds, and people who don’t even go to ole miss say on here (because those are most of the ppl who post on here).
do what makes you happy. go through recruitment with an open mind and try to focus only on how you connect with the sisters in the house and what philanthropy you are drawn to serve for because those are what matter most. your experience with greek life should be positive, so during formal recruitment try to focus on taking care of yourself and putting house titles to the side so that you can find your home. the house you may think you want is usually not the one you end up being drawn to…that’s usually how it goes (that’s perfectly okay). be kind to EVERYONE! you will be exhausted during recruitment, trust me, we are exhausted too. but the end result is the most fun you’ll ever have.
(pro tip: drink hot tea before you go in the morning and whenever you get a break…it is the only chance at saving your voice bc you’ll probably lose it at some point tbh.)
have fun, best of luck, and greek rank sucks.

pan love 4 ever

Posted By: pan love fr
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I agree. I went through Rush thinking that I wanted a "TOP" house but when I visited those houses I changed my mind pretty quickly. I fell in love with another house from day one and have not regretted it once. Go with where you feel most comfortable, not where girls ask what car you drive!!!

By: TRUTH
#2by:    

If you feel like you have to work to fit in or like you are nervous about the chapter “accepting” you or “liking” you or “wanting” you that is how you will feel for 4 years if you end up in that house. They will say your grades aren’t good or you need to watch your carbs or change your clothes. They will tell ppl you got in for your grades or your friends or you’re a legacy. They say all the time we had to take her….you will be anxious and feel like an outcast and you won’t drop bc you will believe that the only thing attractive about you as a person is the letters bc that is what they tell you from day one.

By: My experience
#3by:    

This. This SO MUCH. PNM’s should never base their decision on GR because it will give you SUCH a skewed perspective on what recruitment is actually like.

By: duck

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

Did you actually drink hot tea in August in Mississippi? That is that last thing I want.

By: drink

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.