facebook

Why is Phi Mu going down?

by:    

Almost every post on here has ranked Phi Mu lower than last year. Why?
When I went through rush last year, they were seen as a solid option. I heard about some leadership issues and other random stuff but that seems to happen in every sorority.

Posted By: Rebel
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

They just haven’t had good rushes and they haven’t had top girls at all. They are falling possibly into a bottom tier

By: Exexed
by: what   

If by bottom tier you mean inclusive. Just because they take a lot of girls who don't look like basic sorority girls or are "heavier" doesn't mean they aren't a great house to be in.

By: what
by: what??   

I’m in a different sorority, but friends with several in phi mu. They would be the last you would talk about not being beautiful. Miss Mississippi for two years just handed over her crown. And they are some of the nicest and as you can see never on greek rank. You must not go here or are jealous.

By: what??
#2by:    

Probably their self ranker graduated

By: Lol

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

PhiMu has been having an identity crisis for the past few years but has remained a solid middle house. The reason they seem to have slipped so much last year isn't because they rushed different girls, but because some of the lower ranked sororities had an amazing pc21.To understand why, you have to realize what a dumpster fire rfm turned out to be for some of the top houses last year. They cut way too many girls after sisterhood (so much so that they didn't pref enough girls). So where did those extra girls that got cut go? A bunch of quality PNMs that may have have been invited to pref at top houses any other year faced preffing lower houses or dropping. The ones who weren't in it for the letters and actually wanted a sisterhood stayed.
The mistake didn't really hurt the top houses. It's pretty common knowledge that some snap bids were given out (!), and another just took less girls, but their pcs were still full of tippy top girls. The houses this really made an impact on were the lower houses that picked up some great girls who genuinely want to be a part of greek life. There were more girls representing lower houses at formals or really involved in campus activities last year than ever before and that raised the image of the whole house (making the gap between some low and some mid houses seem very small, if not shaking up the ranks entirely).
It will be interesting to see if the houses that benefited can keep the momentum going.

By: Truth
by: WTF   

Oh no! KD alums working overtime on this one. KD has been on the decline for several years. They see Phi Mu as a cautionary tale because they know their chapter is next.

By: WTF
#4by:    

They are not going down. It is the lower houses at OM here on GR talking smack. They have beautiful, smart, well rounded girls. Not sure which bottom house has it out for Phi Mu this year on GR but it is super obvious.

By: Not
#5by:    

Go look at the comment called facts, not sure where it’s down? sorry you got cut

By: facts
#6by:    

only thing they are down is there time on GR, wish I could have gone PM so many friends there, nice to all, my sorority and our moms has us on GR all the time, posting lies

By: really?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.