facebook

Is ole miss rush harder?

by:    

Everybody says how competitive ole miss rush is. What makes it more competitive than any other place? Don't you have to follow the same rush rules as everybody else? Why are you considered harder than someplace like Michigan or Penn State or UT?

Posted By: CT
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

It’s very competitive. Everyone in the country goes to ole miss to be apart of Greek life. So many rush, yet so many end up bid less or where they want to be.

By: Totty hoddy
#2by:    

Ole miss rush is tough because the Greek population is so large and Greek life has been a big deal for generations. There are only a handful of girls going through rush at northern schools and almost none of them are legacies. You can get into a top house in the north with a pretty face and a good resume. Getting into a "top" house in the north is about as hard as getting into a "middle" house at ole miss.

Top houses (kd, xo, ddd) are based on connections. You know if you will get a bid from them. They're mostly girls from big ms high schools and a some girls from big high schools in surrounding states. If you're from ja or prep (where you should have the right connections) and end up in a mid/bottom house people will know you got cut for a reason.

Girls COMPETE in the middle tier and the houses have more distinct personalities. Oos girls with good looks/personality/resume can get in to these. Dg is probably the best combo of those factors and they win a lot of the stuff on campus. In actual quality of the girls and chapter they are probably the better than the "top" houses. Kappa is most likely to choose looks over resume but they still care about resume. Pi phi is level below kappa. They have a lot of grades/career girls but aren't as social. Phi mu has a lot of grades types but has a reputation for being liberal.

Basically, you need to be RECRUITED by a middle house. If you were involved in high school, get your recs in, and arent awkward during rush, you have a good shot.

Aphi selects the by looks/money/ig. Girls that fit the Aphi type would choose it over lower tier houses. Girls that don't fit the type got cut.

Adpi and aoii take similar types of girls but aoii gets made fun of more. Lots of sweet girls that didn't have connections or seemed shy during recruitment. People honestly like these houses besides a few snobs.

Axo will probably end up taking the girls who think they're too good for adpi/aoii and drop before pref.

By: tough
by: Stop    

Did someone tell you there was a word count on posts?

By: Stop
by: kd   

I’m a kd and it’s liberal not just at OM, but nationally, look up amy coney barrett Supreme Court justice kd scandal, it’s sickening

By: kd
by: Anon plz   

My senior year was the year theta got kicked off, so I know things have changed but this is the most accurate description of the sororities

By: Anon plz
by: Do Tell   

Your post is extremely inaccurate my dear. Rush 2022 has blown your little synopsis completely to hell. Right now as I type there are PNMs who were cut from sororities in which their biological SIBLINGS are currently ACTIVE. Tri Delt, XO, KG multigenerational legacies from IN and out of state were stunned yesterday when they recieved their schedules and had to tell their mothers that they didnt get invited back.

By: Do Tell
#3by:    

Ole Miss probably has the hardest rush of any school, yes, even Bama.

Let's define hard rush.

Hard rush does not mean the best Greek life. Ole Miss has a good Greek life, but far from the best.

Hard rush just means you will NOT go top tier here if you are not a legacy. End of story. They have a few spots for home town good friends of legacies. For example if you know a lot of actives, live in the same area, went to the same high school, ya'll moms are friends, etc. Then yes, you'll be second priority.

Hardest rush just means you know your place.

Top tier = mostly all legacies, few spots for best friends of multiple actives. By no means am I saying top tier houses have the best girls, I am just saying they are top tier houses.

Mid tier = Pick the best girls from the non-legacies. In my opinion, these houses have the best girls.

Bottom tier = they give bids to everyone. You literally have to try to not get a bid.

No one really goes "bidless". They just have the houses they like drop them and they don't like the houses they have left so they essentially drop out of rush.

By: Ok, Listen
by: Also   

I would add at OM bottom houses get targeted and mocked and sometimes bullied off campus. There's a level of nastiness and entitlement here that you don't really see at other schools.

Before Theta closed, there were members who said they were afraid to wear their letters in public. Fraternities used to moo at them on Bid Day.

Before ZTA closed, one of their alums who used to be on GreekChat claimed a DG came up to her and said, "We can't wait for you to shut down so we can tear down your house and build on to ours."

By: Also
by: yep   

"level of nastiness" defines a lot of what's wrong with ole miss rush

By: yep
by: oh   

now I get it..,I wondered why you see awkward unsocial not very attractive girls in what that person is calling top 3, only because of legacy, and they overlook some accomplished oos pmns because they can’t handle competition from other states, some legacy girls would be cut from mid if they were not legacy

By: oh
#4by:    

Who TF is doing these posts and comments?

By: Damn
#5by:    

DG is a mean house. It’s strange that a house founded here is so ratchet acting and looking.

By: True
#6by:    

So basically, if you come to Ole Miss acting like an entitled brat, rush will be hard and competitive.

If you come to Ole Miss thinking you are away from home, eager to meet new people, open to new experiences, rush will be stressful (because, yes, rush is always stressful) but not nearly as competitive and cut-throat as the people here who can't get over themselves would have you believe.

You do you. That's how you have a good rush. Ignore everybody else.

By: Truth
#7by:    

It's tough because you basically can't get into a top house without connections

By: tough

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#8by:    

Almost everyone finds a home. Trust the process and you'll be happy!

By: this
#9by:    

It is so competitive. Girls get their hearts broken during this process

By: Horrible
#10by:    

Yes. One of the hardest rush processes ever

By: Bad

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.