facebook

Why you shouldn’t go to Ole Miss

by:    

This school is filled with awful mean toxic people. Southern hospitality and people being charming in the south is nothing but a myth. People around here are mostly judgmental, uptight, and insecure. It’s EXTREMELY HARD to make friends if you’re not in a click. Your status mainly depends on what sorority or fraternity you’re in. Their are a few good people but many are what I described.

Posted By: The truth about ole miss
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

This only goes for people who want to have normal cool friends not a bunch of weirdos as friends.

By: The truth about Ole Miss
by: Honestly    

All DGs are bullies but especially that one friend group

By: Honestly
#2by:    

Hey OP, it’s not us it’s you.

By: Clique not click
by: Big deal   

It’s definitely the people in Mississippi. People here around here are stupid, shallow, and fake. If I acted fake and bullied people I’m sure I would fit in just like everyone one else. I’m actually a good person who doesn’t need to put other people down to feel good about myself.

By: Big deal
#3by:    

op, i’m really sorry that your experience was like that, but i want to offer a different perspective for anyone on this thread. i am from the north, a member of what is often considered a “low” or “bottom-tier” sorority, and am an introvert at heart. yet i’ve been able to make amazing friends and it’s only my first semester. there’s hope! ole miss has been so welcoming to me, and i know you can find a place here :)

By: HottyToddy

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

Does the OP know she can transfer?

By: Um
#5by:    

There is no such thing as a lower-tier sorority at Ole Miss. They are all good. It is the grandmothers wanting to hold on to triple legacy nonsense who have never left Jackson, Mississippi in their lives. Can you imagine? Ha! What a nightmare! Praise God Ole Miss now actually has people from outside of the state. The IQ level has increased now dramatically.

By: HAHA
by: Uhhh   

Some sororities are definitely better than others. Their is a reason why Chi O, KD, DDD, and KKG are all known to be better sororities. I’m sure their are good girls in all of them though but other people still see a hierarchy.

By: Uhhh
#6by:    

This is so true. The only way to make friends is if you’re in a friend group with out it you gotta get used to being alone. Sad lonely place for upbeat people.

By: Facts
by: ummm   

Isn't this true of everywhere? Literally you only have friends if you are in a group. If you are not in a group you are a loner. If you go to some school w/out greek then it's based on something else but you must have a group or else you are alone.

By: ummm
#7by:    

SOutHERn HosPiTalITY

By: Yep

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.