facebook

Difference between xo and kd???

by:    

What’s the difference between chio and kd?? Why do they keep getting switched as top chapters?

Posted By: Help
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Kd is better . Nobody know chio

By: True
#2by:    

KD is probably more desired all around.

XO has such a strong legacy base to pull from that they are highly competitive jusy within that group, plus it doesn't leave much opportunity for many others.

Both are very competitive, have high return rates, and great retention, it is just a little different in what puts them there.

That's not to say that KD doesn't have a ton of legacies, but XO is just so known for it.

Both are great houses. Every house is.

By: IMO
#3by:    

When I was there:

KD = fun-loving, sporty, competitive in inter-Greek events/fundraising, strong familial connections, more down-to-earth/chill, Gulf Coast/TN girls, but they always freak out during rush about the other houses and their recruitment tactics/list of desired PNMs. The vibe is chill and confident and happy.

Chi O = STRONG legacy component, cut-throat during rush, high standards, weird mix of Jackson and Delta girls, elitist for a reason (strong GPAs, emphasis on campus/ASB involvement, KGB-style standards board), cuts any reputation risk or low GPA girl first during rush. The vibe is future rich moms who love philanthropy events. Chi O is for the ambitious girl who has connections and wants more.

Both are great, honestly, but Chi O drives people into a tizzy because people always want what they perceive to be exclusive, limited in quantity and of high value.

By: beepboop
by: MS   

This is pretty accurate. XO has more pull with the old money, legacy families from Jackson and the Delta. KD has more pull with girls and legacies from the Coast, other areas of MS and out of state. XO is more exclusive and a more difficult bid. XO is wealthier but KD is flashier. KD is probably more fun, and going to have more reputation risks, than XO. XOs parents are friends with all the EN/EX/Phi Delt parents and KD is kind of spread around more. A bunch of XOs are going to get married to their college sweethearts and settle down in Jackson, Memphis, Nashville or the Delta and have kids at 25, and KDs are more content to be single in a large city for awhile.

XO is older, always been known as the "top" sorority, & more exclusive so they are seen as "better," but both are great experiences at OM. It just depends on what you are looking for. Both have good nationals.

XO is the classic southern debutante, and KD has good-looking fun girls from more places.

By: MS
by: @MS   

I don't know that I agree that XO is seen as better. I think it's seen as "better" with a very specific population. Broaden that population a little bit and you have a different picture.

Take 10 girls. Let's say 4 are XO legacies. They want XO or nothing. In that group of 10, they are vocal that it is XO that is the absolute best, that's what they want, that's what their families want. The remaining 6 are spread out a little bit. They are not XO legacies, but acknowledge that XO is a good house. 2 want KD more than anything else, they love it there! 1 wants her legacy house, phi mu. The others are from out of state and just want to go greek. The 4 XO girls are going to stand out within that 10, but they aren't the majority.

I will give them the grades and high standards component though. They don't give on that at all. And I say good for them, we shouldn't settle for anything that compromises what we value as a house. But I'm also of the mindset that not everybody should be greek just because they may think they want to be.

By: @MS
#4by:    

I think KD is very redneck

By: IMO
#5by:    

Most girls aren't really choosing between XO and KD anyhow. If anything, I would say a XO girl is choosing between them and DDD. But definitely, lots of XO Ole Miss legacies are XO or bust due to their social groups and parents.

KD and XO have different girls. KDs more come from a suburb like Collierville, Madison or the Coast going to a school formed in the past 20 years or so. XOs are more deeply entrenched in old money in the Delta or Jackson, going to JA or Prep. There are definitely exceptions, but that is generally the case.

By: MS

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.