facebook

Out of State + Rush

by:    

I'm a senior from NJ and was just curious to know if I would have a hard time getting a bid? Wasn't sure if being out of state matters a ton. I have a 3.8, extracurriculars, and am planning to get recommendations. Apologies if this has been asked before. TY

Posted By: njsenior
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

you'll be fine, go into it willing to learn about all of them and you'll find a home. some are harder to get into if you're not from the south but don't get hung up on it.

By: honestly
#2by:    

Likely not a chance at the top 4 (XO, DDD, KD/DG) but the rest are possibilities. If there is anyone from your HS/surrounding HS at OM, definitely lean heavily on that contact. Even if you don't know them and have to reach out to them, that is your best possibility for getting into that sorority.

By: MS
by: Ha   

DG took girls from MS this year that every other house cut early so they aren’t top tier

By: Ha
by: ?   

I don’t think that’s true. Basically all of the MS pledges in DG that I know are in honors college so they probably had lots of choices as most honors college members do.

By: ?
#3by:    

Well, fine by me if DG is not top tier to you. A lot of people also don't think KD is top tier. It still doesn't change my post that she won't get those 4 being from NJ.

By: MS

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Funny   

You know that legacy girls come to Ole Miss to get a DG bid because they can’t get in at state, FSU and TXTech right? Like their family gets told they aren’t getting a bid and to send them to Ole Miss?! What a joke.

By: Funny
by: ???   

Out of curiosity, why wouldn’t someone from NJ get into one of those 4 sororities? Didn’t each take out of state girls this PC?

By: ???
by: lol no   

On of the girls on my floor is from ny and went dg it's not impossible it's just a lot harder

By: lol no
by: Not impossible    

There are also members from NJ, Mass, and NY in DDD. Several from Northeast in KD and DG. Not impossible. Unsure about XO.

By: Not impossible
#4by:    

You will be in good shape with your gpa! The thing that is important to know is that all chapters are good here and not to get hung up on which are the majority in state/ Southern houses. I hope you will come to ole miss and rush.

By: Kit
#5by:    

Alabama has more of a NJ pull.

By: Hun

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.