facebook

Real Tea on Legacies and In House Sisters

by:    

Ok-whats the tea on status of being a legacy? Does it guarantee anything? At least getting to Second Round? What about an in house sister? Is that a guarantee bid? Certainly no one would ever cut an in house sister? Does it hold any weight if your sister/cousin/ etc was in the house? Just want the truth....

Posted By: HottyToddy1
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I'm a triple legacy at ChiO, a double legacy at kappa, and a legacy at phi mu, and I got cut from all of them it definitely doesn't guarantee an invite back. My sister was the president of chio at her chapter... not sure wtf happened there but thanks chio xoxo

By: pnm
by: Hmmm   

It’s like you don’t even know the definition of a legacy….bye troll.

By: Hmmm
by: ^   

I think @Hmmm doesn't know the definition of legacy. Truth is that legacy isn't important like it used to be because there are so many of them now. Most nationals are moving away from legacy courtesy invites and Phi Mu no longer recognizes legacies at all. And each sorority defines legacy in their own way and some girls don't understand this and think they are a legacy through a cousin or aunt - NO. XO has never recognized granddaughters as legacies, only sisters and daughters. So anyway, the only legacy status that really matter is as a chapter legacy but that is only based on connections, not so much the legacy part. So if your cousin was in a house then that would be connections, not legacy. Connections to the chapter are everything here. Legacies get dropped all the time.

By: ^

As a follow up, an in-house sister is generally a gimme, but not if she has a bad QR or if her sitting sister is/was disliked in her chapter.

by: Well   

It’s been made very clear this week that XO and I guess DG don’t give a crap about your family members. They will cut them and disassociate from them as quickly as possible. What amazing “sisterhoods”!

By: Well
by: Yuh   

Dude they’re not gonna accept ppl who are a potential liability to the entire chapter, family or not.

By: Yuh
by: ???   

Obviously not Ole Miss legacies….that’s what matters

By: ???
#2by:    

It depends on the chapter's legacy policy. At ole miss you pretty much have to be a legacy of the ole miss chapter for it to mean anything.

By: legacy

Legacy policy is dictated by a sorority's nationals and Ole Miss sororities can and do have to adhere to it. Can they also have their own policy for chapter legacies? Yes. Does legacy mean much, even for legacies of a chapter? Not so much; that's where connections and politics come in. Legacies aren't guaranteed a thing and get dropped all the time.

#3by:    

Been covered pretty much but a national "legacy" is pretty meaningless. Do you really think Ole Miss XO or DDD care if your mom was a XO/DDD at Delaware State? Nope. It's connections to be sure, but if you are a legacy of the chapter then you probably just happen to have both.

By: MS

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.