facebook

Promised bids???

by: OOS girl

Hi I’m an out of state with no connections and I’m worried. I just met with another girl who lives near by and she has a bunch of promised bids in her Instagram messages. I thought this wasn’t allowed. They are just from two sororities but still. Should I be worried? I have messages from several different houses but they are all just about going Greek and being a freshman in general. No bids? I heard rush cuts are going to be bad with low quotas and only 10 houses. Please help.

Posted By: OOS girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: nope   

PNM's don't understand what bid promising is. "Can't wait to see you" and all kinds of encouraging words like that are not bid promising. If it is explicitly worded as "you are getting a bid" then that's absolutely illegal and a chapter or members would have to be complete morons to risk breaking that rule on insta. CPH would be all over that and then god help them. Also, individual members DO NOT speak for their chapters. The only thing that's real for a pnm is what shows up on her schedule each round. So let's get a handle on what's really going on here; sororities' #1 priority is to get everyone to like them and want them, and are experts at it, but pretty words are never a guarantee and pnm's every year think they've been 'bid promised' and even brag about it, but don't fall for that bs. As far as quota, not set until after pref round, so no one has any idea what that would be. Cuts every round are made based on percentages, never to get to a certain hard number. Cuts are worst in the first rounds so just expect that. If you go to pref and rank both your houses, or just the one if that's all you've got, you will get a bid. If you suicide and only list one of two houses you are not guaranteed that bid. The more pnm's attending pref and ranking houses means more bids. Focus on what you can control, and that's yourself and how well you make an impression.

By: nope
#2  by: Nope   

Troll post. Move along.

By: Nope
#3  by: OOS    

Message says we would love to have you join Phi Mu. The other one from Alpha Phi wasn’t as straightforward as that. She is going to send them to her recruitment counselor.

By: OOS
by: GeezJul 30, 2021 7:35:27 PM

🙄 this isn’t true but nice try.

By: Geez
#4  by: Uh oh   

Phi Mu has done this before. And I can see aphi using any tactic to try and make girls think they are a desired house and not just a where you end up house.

By: Uh oh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.