facebook

The realest post ab rush- from an ex sorority girl

by: Real Talk

to preface, this is going to be long but i really encourage you to read if you are interested in rushing at all.

there’s so much misinformation on this website, but i’m writing this post to tell any pnms the truth. i’ve been a pnm, in a sorority, and a gdi, so i’m informed, unbiased and just want to give you the most honest info i can.

to start, stop worrying about what tier every house is. every house experience is relatively the same. all the houses are pretty, there’s similar types of girls at every house, every house has similar meetings, attends similar events, and runs recruitment in similar ways. the biggest difference in houses is honestly how good the chefs are and how involved the sororities actually are with their philanthropies.

as far as what types of girls are in every house, like i said, there’s similar girls in all of them. you will find smart girls, snobby girls, party girls, nice girls, artsy girls, sporty girls, and literally anything else in every single house. some houses will have more of one “type” of girl than others, but it really doesn’t make a difference. every pledge class is massive and you will inevitably end up in a click with the girls you vibe with most in any house you end up in. if you are worried about being in a “low tier” house because of what other people will think, you aren’t rushing for the right reasons and are wasting your money.. and will probably end up miserable trying to play the popularity game. it’s college, not high school, no one is popular, and no one cares

as far as rush goes, every single girl you meet is going to use every strategy they can to convince you their sorority is the best fit for you. they will lie, make fake promises (even if tho they’re not supposed to), and hype up everything to the max. it’s all about numbers, because sororities get higher statuses with the university if they drop more pnms than pnms drop them. i’m not saying to not believe what they say, because it’s not all fake, but just keep in mind that a lot of it is.

i actually think the best way to determine what sorority is the best fit for you is to see what girls each sorority is trying to rush. even though you’re “not supposed to talk between rounds” this is actually what will give you the best idea of who you will be spending the most time with. if a lot of girls you really vibe with seem like they’re going to be going into X sorority, really show your interest with that sorority. you will be closest to the other freshman coming in, not as much the sophomores/juniors rushing you.

also, in case anyone is worried, you won’t get hazed. anyone on here that claims X sorority hazes is lying. that’s for the fraternities. instead, your social media will be monitored at all times and you have a lot of rules about things you can and can’t do when going out, wearing letters, etc. some rules are actually pretty useful for keeping your reputation up, but some are just absolutely ridiculous.

last thing people should know is you will spend more time learning how to rush girls than actually developing a sisterhood. of course, a lot of that is up to how involved you want to be. but at the end of the day, so much of sorority life is just about being the best house. if you love the competition, you’ll love it. if you don’t, you’ll see through the bs pretty fast. there’s a lot of good about sorority life, but it’s not all that glamorous.

so, that’s the reality of greek life. have fun!

Posted By: Real Talk
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ?   

I know of 3 sororities that hazed this year tho….we all know this

By: ?
by: LolJul 27, 2021 8:42:15 AM

Chi O starts hazing during recruitment.

By: Lol
#2  by: Tip   

The houses known for cliques are KD DDD Kappa.

By: Tip
by: FrJul 22, 2021 2:09:07 AM

It’s like high school the sequel

By: Fr
by: YepJul 22, 2021 8:24:42 AM

Way too much high school drama and pettiness at these 3

By: Yep
#3  by: Howdy   

Turn the houses in that haze...Good way to cut down on the competition.

By: Howdy
#4  by: Truth   

This is a great pov but at the part abt picking based on what other people are picking, definitely do this if you are like tied between two or something but don’t waste your time doing this in the earlier rounds—if you get a bad vibe trust your gut and don’t just follow the heard

By: Truth
#5  by: Yes   

KD DG Kappa and Aphi are very fake during recruitment.

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.