facebook

Rushing oos.

by:    

Hi I’m from Florida and I don’t have connections and I’m not a legacy. Is it as hard as people say to get a bid at ole miss without connections? I have recs

Posted By: Is it true
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

Yes. Rush is HIGHLY competitive and nasty here. My friend had many connections and great recs and didn’t get her “top” house. Still got a great house, but it was definitely rough from what she said. Nothing is guaranteed

By: Honestly
#2by:    

You can get a bid from oos with no connections but it is important to keep an open mind. Don’t come into Rush thinking you must be in a certain sorority. Make sure you have a good resume and strong recs. Keep your social media clean. Keep your grades up - don’t let them drop - grade releases are the easiest ones for any sorority to do. Research the different sororities and have questions to ask about their philanthropies. Act interested at every party. Always look “put together” at rounds whether we are virtual or in person next year. Most importantly have fun ....

By: Me
by: Sure   

Thanks Mom, we always need to look 'put together'.

By: Sure
#3by:    

It depends. When you say "is it possible to get a bid" do you mean "is it possible to get a bid to the 2 or 3 houses that I think I know and want? Or do you mean "is it possible to get a bid to one of the amazing houses on campus?"

If your answer is the former, you are bound to be disappointed. If it is the latter, then yes, it is absolutely possible to get a bid.

Open mind is key. So are all the things the poster said above. Some people carry full cards the whole way through (not many). Others get cut from all but one or two first round). You really just have to roll with the punches. Odds are --- it's not personal. You would know if it is.

By: missy
#4by:    

You'll be fine. All of our sororities are great. The Mississippi people get all excited over a couple of specific sororities, but honestly as an OOS you'll be happier in one of the more geographically diverse sororities.

By: Go Greek!
#5by:    

you can probably get a bid from aphi or aopi! their girls seem to love their house! (:

By: !!
by: Um   

What do you mean? You mean great houses with awesome girls? Stop the hate... Grow up you insecure little girl

By: Um
by: No problems   

Or you will definitely get a bid from Pi Phi or ADPi, they give bids to anybody/everybody.

By: No problems
#6by:    

The first thing you need to do is stay off this website. The majority of posts are from trolls or people who only want to bash different houses. The number one thing is to keep an open mind to all houses!

By: First
by: Lol   

The OP is a troll. GR makes posts like this on every school when the feed starts to die down. Probably an algorithm that caught people posting about Florida pnms on here and the words connections and legacy. But ok, fall for it and start slamming houses so GR can get the numbers it needs for ad content.

By: Lol
#7by:    

ur best best is with aphi or aopi! (: a lot of out of state girls go to those houses!

By: Honeslty

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#8by:    

aopi & aphi are good options!

By: no
by: Trolling    

All this time everyone thought it was APhi do all the bashing, but looks ADPi or Pi Phi might be the culprit.

By: Trolling
by: Yall   

It’s KD. They post constantly and they are the ones that call out other houses and they are the ones that hate aphi and pretend to be aphi. KD trolls.

By: Yall
by: Ok   

Finally someone called KD out.

By: Ok
by: Nope   

KD could care less about APhi. They aren't threaten by APhi, so they don't give them any thought at all. APhi is insignificant on campus. The top tier doesn't worry about the bottom tier.

By: Nope
by: Oh   

There’s the real KD attitude. Green with envy I guess.

By: Oh
#9by:    

Who would KD envy?

By: ?
by: Well   

Everyone that’s likable

By: Well
#10by:    

For the record, top houses aren't trolling on GR. Middle tier houses are the ones who try to play the top against the bottom houses. I can assure you KD, ChiO, and DDD are not the ones trolling. Get real....

By: hmmm
by: Rt   

Funny that u think ddd is top haha

By: Rt

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.