facebook

New Pledge Class Question

by:    

As a person who has no family affiliation with Greek life,I wasn’t sure exactly where to go with this question so I’m hoping that someone might be able to provide me some guidance.
I was extremely excited about starting school at Ole Miss and rushing. As most of you know this year has not been the freshman year I had imagined. With nearly every class being online, being stuck in the dorms, quarantined for 10 days and not being able to do really anything with my sorority due to restrictions, and the threat that next semester is going to be more of the same; my parents are talking about having me come home next semester and go to an in state school for the remainder of the year.

Here’s the thing. I feel like PC20 was ripped of the true rush experience to include really getting a good feel of each of the houses. I was torn between my top 5 the entire time, and even worse when I got to pref round. I only really ever talked to at most a total of 3-4 girls from each house the entire time! I really haven’t been able to meet any of my sisters. I have friends in several other houses and we all feel the same way, how can I decide if I chose the right house? I know this is “unchartered” times but I am really confused. I haven’t initiated as of yet and am unsure if I should? I’ve thought about dropping and retrying next fall but worry that this will be looked at negatively by all of the houses and I really do want to be involved in Greek Life. Any suggestions?

Posted By: PC20
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

What frat is your son in?

By: Hi Mom!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Houses have you sign a form when you are offered a bid it states that if you drop you can not rush for another year. This would mean you would have to wait and the older you are the harder it is to get into a house. Stick it out it’s a difficult time for everyone. You were selected by this house for a reason. Try not to focus on the fact you were “robbed” and reach out to sisters. Look at how you could get involved. Suggest a Netflix watch party for your PC. Just make the best of it.

By: Stick it out

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.