facebook

Real question about bid lists

by:    

I know this isn't the place to ask real questions, but I'm actually not sure where to ask since I'm not a student yet. I'm a senior in high school and I am planning to attend Ole Miss next year from out of state. I followed recruitment this year on a few house Instagrams and was really surprised to see that they actually post a list of their new members. Do all houses do this? Could I ask to have my name left off if I had a valid reason? Thanks.

Posted By: 2025
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

This is not a great place to ask real questions and get real answers. Contact Panhellenic when you register for recruitment and I am sure they can help you keep your information private.

By: pan
#2by:    

this was a weird year for rush. they normally don’t post the bid lists

By: yikes
#3by:    

I'm not gonna lie, I think most houses would find that a really sketchy request. One of the reasons to be in a sorority is to brag about it, and you know it will be in your Insta bio so why would it matter?

By: Top Tier
by: me   

I agree it seems odd, like what is someone trying to hide by not being included on the list?

By: me
#4by:    

Bid lists are always pretty much online. Do y’all go here?

By: What
#5by:    

There were kids at my school that couldn’t have their picture in the yearbook or their name posted anywhere because they had a parent that was not allowed to see them. The parent was usually trying to abduct them or further abuse them or their mom. If she has a reason not to have her name published let it be.

By: Uh
by: 2025   

Yeah, there is nothing I'm hiding, just don't want to advertise where I am for similar reasons to this.

By: 2025
#6by:    

more interested in know your reason WHY you want to be excluded.

By: meh
by: Eh   

So you’re going to bully her for asking? You must be a DG.

By: Eh
#7by:    

Thanks everyone. It's just not something I've thought about before and was surprised they did it. I will contact Panhellenic if I have any other questions.

By: 2025
by: Oh man   

This is a serious issue that Pan should be aware of an all over on your behalf. So sorry you have to deal with this in your life.

By: Oh man
#8by:    

Make sure someone comes back here next year and lets us all know why this girl doesn't want her name on the list. I smell a scandal and we deserve to know.

By: Tracker

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Yes!   

We should know!

By: Yes!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.