facebook

Transfers/Juniors

by: Nic

Next year I’m going to rush a junior and I was wondering how difficult it is to receive a bid. I already have people going to write me letters of recommendations. Is there anything else I need to not get cut from most of the houses?

Posted By: Nic
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Be prepared    

Honestly a lot of houses will drop you because you are not a freshman. Some houses only take freshman. Some will take sophomores. As a junior your options are limited. That doesn’t mean you won’t get a house I know a few juniors who rushed and ended up in houses they love. As long as you have good grades when you transfer you should be fine. Just be prepare and don’t let the dropped houses discourage you! It’s not a reflection on you houses just have different policies.

By: Be prepared
#2  by: ?   

State houses are much more willing to take junior college girls that transfer. Ole Miss really doesn’t.

By: ?
#3  by: Answer   

You need to have a perfect JUCO gpa and in-house connections (or legacy status)

By: Answer
#4  by: Fr   

If you went to juco because you couldn’t afford Ole Miss then you aren’t going to be able to afford the dues. If you went because you had a bad rep no matter who you are now the small minded people from your high school will still hold it against you. If you went because your grades were bad and now they are good or to do a sport then you have a shot if you have a 3.8 or better and lots of connections.

By: Fr
#5  by: Been there   

You can get a bid as a junior but you need to be very open minded. It’s not unusual for a sorority to be looking for an upperclassman or two. Make sure your grades are good and your social media is good.

By: Been there
#6  by: AChIO   

Your best option will be AChIO. They will be brand new next year.

By: AChIO
by: IdkSep 15, 2020 12:44:41 AM

Your pledge class would all be a lot younger than you and You probably wouldn’t feel like you fit in with them and most of the jrs will already have friend groups that will be hard to break into. You might want to think ab that.

By: Idk
#7  by: Not gonna happen   

To be completely honest, NO decent sorority will want to take even a sophomore let alone a junior. There are just too many quality freshmen at OM and the competition is too stiff. I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

By: Not gonna happen
#8  by: Rushed as a junior   

Don’t listen. If you have a high GPA and you’re a cute girl With social skills, you’ll be treated equally
Idk where people get this info from.

By: Rushed as a junior
#9  by: Aphi   

APhi needs junior and seniors. They have bad em ever retention and lose people after sophomore year.

By: Aphi
#10  by: So   

Why didn’t you go through recruitment at your school and why are you transferring?

By: So
by: NicSep 16, 2020 6:19:09 PM

I’m at a community college in Los Angeles and thinking about transferring to ole miss or fsu. Being in a sorority has been my dream but I’m nervous about rushing.

By: Nic

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.