facebook

rerushing next year

by:    

i just went through recruitment and got a house i really don’t think i fit in with. i’m probably going to rush again next year and try to get a house i actually like. any advice?

Posted By: new member
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Rerushing is not always very successful. If you were released by houses you think you would be a better fit for they may not have seen you as a good fit. Some houses have a “once cut always cut” policy. I suggest you stick with your house for a little while. They wanted you. The houses here are so large chances are you will find your group within your house if you will just give it a try.

By: IMO
by: new member   

do you know which houses do the “once cut always cut”?

By: new member
#2by:    

Oh it is so tough to go through recruitment as a sophomore. Most sororities want a member for four years. Give your house a chance! They saw something in you! Good luck!

By: Try
#3by:    

Unless you were cut for grades and you improve them greatly this year, or you happen to become besties with girls in the house you want over this year, it’s most likely not gonna work out for you at all.

By: Straight facts
#4by:    

So you’re telling me there are over 300 girls in this sorority, 100+ of which are in your class that you haven’t even met yet, and you met maybe 10 girls OVER ZOOM this past week, and you’ve decided they’re not for you and you don’t fit there?? That’s a you problem, not a sorority problem. You sound like you thought you’d land somewhere more “desirable” based on this website and you didn’t. You’re not entitled to any bid and this sorority thought you would fit with them and they wanted to be friends with you, and the others didn’t. Go put in effort to the group that WANTS YOU.

By: Mad
#5by:    

The house that you have obviously didn’t realize you lack character and substance. You have no chance making it to second round next year at this school.

By: Honey
#6by:    

Maybe Ole Miss isn’t the place for you. Was it your first choice school?

By: Active
#7by:    

You sound really shallow and conceited. Seems like 9/10 houses really lucked out.

By: TBH
#8by:    

the beginning of being in a sorority can be such a weird experience, and I know it is probably much more this year. my advice is to give your house a shot- and really try to get to know some girls. if you decide it isn't for you, that is okay. just follow your heart. I know of several girls who rushed freshman year, did not like it and refused and got the house they originally wanted. but, it can be more difficult to go through rush as a sophomore. only you can make the best decision for yourself, but i would at least stick in your current house longer. you might be surprised! good luck with whatever you do!!!

By: iiiiiiii

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Nope   

Sorry but you obviously do not go to Ole Miss with this answer. There are not several sophomores going through recruitment here and there are not houses taking a second look at people.

By: Nope
#9by:    

Hi - I rerushed and ended up in a house I like. Don’t expect to be asked back by what you may consider “top” i.e. KKG, DDD, KD, PM but if you make friends in the other houses you could have a chance. It depends. Don’t get into drama, get better grades, make friends and don’t be sloppy!

By: Sophomore
#10by:    

Whatever got you cut last time will get you cut again.

By: Hi

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.