facebook

Sorority Row Bid Lists

by:    

I heard Sorority Row already has their bid list. This is so unfair to all the PNMs.

Posted By: frat sophomore
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

fake news

By: fn

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

That’s always how it works. Need an alum or in house girl to get you in. The system truly sucks but they don’t care.

By: Active
by: Idkman   

I’m a junior active and in a sorority on sorority row. I didn’t know anyone coming to ole miss. Don’t worry ladies bid lists for most at least aren’t made just houses who’s alumni choose

By: Idkman
#3by:    

I hate when girls discover this every year because they spent so much time before recruitment being influenced by supposed ranks. These ranks have nothing to do with where PNMs land or are happy. What the ranks reveal for the most part is which sororities are predominantly in state or close in stand and which ones recruit more open mindedly. The alumnae are deciding on membership for the houses that have been here the longest. As a sorority member if you don't go into recruitment with an ideal bid list already selected (by alumnae not the membership) then you're going actually talk to the PNMs and get to know them. Try not to worry too much about it being unfair -- it is kinda dishonest but the truth is if you're not already friends with girls from Jackson or Memphis then you want to find a house that wants you for you. If you are open minded, you will most likely find a fit with a house that is also open minded and interested in meeting new girls.

By: Lila
by: Doesn't matter   

It's always been that way. Basically the 'top' tiers are old women selecting the girls they want to be part of their alumni groups after they graduate. I can't figure out why OOS students even care about those particular sororities unless they are legacies.

By: Doesn't matter
#4by:    

Yeah it really doesn’t matter. They’re just more likely to take girls they know bc they aren’t as much of a liability. If you know someone’s entire family history you know they are less likely to drop out, not pay their bills, or act crazy when they get to college.

By: Yep
by: Well that's just sad   

So basically you are saying these sororities are looking for extensions of high school. Usually college is where you learn to expand your outlook on life, meet new friends, and mature as a person. From your description, you are saying you purposely choose to isolate yourselves to a network of people you have always known - because you are afraid to expand your horizon (because somehow that is a liability). No wonder there are so many old ladies on this site living in the past and trying to prove they are still relevant. They literally got stuck in their own immaturity.

By: Well that's just sad
by: Sad   

It is kind of sad that you have such little faith in the ole miss student population as a whole. The greek system across the country thrives and doesn't view the large majority of PNMs as a liability, nor do they have such little faith in their collegiate sisters to select their own membership. Don't tell me that ole miss is different, etc. That's not what this is about.

By: Sad

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.