Pi Kap

Posted By: olemiss
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Yep   

You got it

By: Yep
#2  by: uh...   

There is no "Old Row" at Ole Miss... this isn't Alabama (thank goodness)

By: uh...
by: olemissrebelsApr 29, 2013 12:47:08 AM

ole miss has such a competitive and serious greek life that there might as well be an old and new row. i agree with these rankings if there were an old or new role. but i agree that ole miss doesn't have enough sororities for that, but they do for fraternities.

By: olemissrebels
#3  by: hahaha   

yah what's this old row? Not to mention if there was an Old Row, Sig Chi, Beta, Phi Psi and SAE would be "old row" because of how long they have been on Ole Miss' campus

By: hahaha
#4  by: Above   

History check, the comment above is correct. The person who posted is speaking of status among sororities. Fraternity to Fraternity - give or take chapter size and philanthropy they are ALL about the same.

By: Above
#5  by: this is   

the stupidest post I've seen on this site

By: this is
by: YepMay 13, 2013 1:30:35 AM

this is retarded

By: Yep
#6  by: ...   

Haha buddy we don't have old and new row here... and the "good" fraternities and sororities aren't necessarily even the ones here the longest. If you gonna do something like this just make tiers like everyone else...

By: ...
#7  by: ----    

How in any respect would DG be considered "New" Row? They were FOUNDED in Oxford and are centrally located on sorority row with DDD, KD, PM, and KKG. This pst is ridiculous.

By: ----
by: you'reMay 5, 2013 3:26:36 PM

dumb... just because dg was founded in Oxford doesn't mean they were founded at OLE MISS... they didn't even come onto campus until 1927.. which was AFTER XO, DDD, KD, & Phi Mu.

By: you're
by: ActuallyMay 6, 2013 10:46:16 AM

Delta Gamma national considers Alpha Psi its "mother chapter," despite not being the very first -- "Psi" is in honor of the original chapter. One of DG's founders initiated her daughter into this chapter, and that founder's great-great-granddaughter is a current active.

If you want to be picky, DG and KD were chartered the same year, 1927. Furthermore, even though Chi O and Tri Delt were chartered way earlier, they were closed for 14 years (1912 to 1926) because the governor at the time banned GLOs at state schools.

By: Actually
by: WellMay 6, 2013 8:41:34 PM

That explains why something like half the fraternities and sororities at Ole Miss were founded in 1926-1927.

By: Well
by: whatMay 6, 2013 11:01:39 PM

months were kd and dg founded? if you want to get picky

By: what
#8  by: Billy   

what is holding Sig Ep back from success, retention, etc.?

By: Billy
#9  by: Old Row   

Just because the State Legilature banned Greeks in the State for awhile does not mean they went away. They publicly disbanded but still operated under the table until the law was repealed. I know because my ancestors were here then.

By: Old Row
by: Really?May 15, 2013 9:18:18 PM

Ole miss doesn't do "old row" and never has. Stop making stuff up to make you feel important ha ha ha

By: Really?
by: OldrowMay 19, 2013 2:19:07 PM

Go ahead and tell yourself that. You have to be either a geed or from one of the newbie chapters.

By: Oldrow
by: ButMay 19, 2013 9:27:16 PM

a lot of those "old row" chapters have younger charters than some of the "new row" ones, that's stupid if you understand basic chronological order.

By: But
by: OldrowMay 21, 2013 10:17:15 AM

You must not be from around these here parts. Why don't y'all go back here you came from?

By: Oldrow
#10  by: To "old row"   

You go ahead and tell yourself that. You must be a chi o, kd, tri delt or dg. Like I said before, whatever makes you feel important.

By: To "old row"

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.