facebook

southern sorority

by: curious

We all know how the Ole Miss sororities rank. Does anyone know who are the top sororities in the South?

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Reb   

In Florida you have to go north to get south.

By: Reb
#12  by: OM girl   

"Town & Country list the Most Prestigious Sororities as:

1. Chi-O; 2. Theta; 3. ADPi; 4. Phi Mu; 5. AOPi; 6. Tri-Sig; 7. DDD; 8. Kappa Kappa Gamma; 9. DG"

I have no idea how Phi Mu and Tri-Sig are on this list. Phi Mu is largely a Southern sorority when it comes to strong chapters; go outside the South and not only do you find fewer PM chapters but they are also much weaker.

And Tri-Sig? They are way down on the list when it comes to the number of chapters, not to mention where they are located (not a lot of state universities, most smaller colleges that are not elite) and many of their chapters are weaker. They do have some strong chapters but at smaller schools. One of the typical ranking qualifications is looking at the schools where they're located - meaning how competitive is the Greek system.

I've always read and understood (from a lot of different sources based on actual research) that the Top 10 strongest sororities are (not in any particular order):

Chi O
Tri-Delt
Pi Phi
Kappa
Theta
DG
ADPi
Alpha Chi Omega
Zeta

As for one last one, I've read various listings - usually KD or AOPi. Some put Gamma Phi in the final slot (and this slot if based on being the 10th). Most put the top 5 (no order) as Chi O, Tri-Delta, Kappa, Theta and Pi Phi.

By: OM girl
by: @OM girlFeb 4, 2018 12:44:30 PM

Site your sources. Not that we don't take your word for it, but it easy to say 'I've read' and then just start listing stuff

By: @OM girl
by: hmmmMay 10, 2019 1:28:56 PM

This list is pretty close. I would throw Kappa Delta, AOPI and Delta Zeta in there somewhere and call those the top southern houses.

By: hmmm
#13  by: Geez   

Bottom line if you want to be in a top sorority for 4 years at your school DONT base it on what it ‘ranks’ at another school. unless you might transfer.

By: Geez
#14  by: panlove   

Being someone who doesn't go to Ole Miss, but does go to Arkansas (another big souther school) I would say these are not totally accurate. I'm from Texas and know quite a bit of people in greek life so I would say the top southern sororities would be:

In no order,

ChiO
KKG
DG
Pi Phi
AXO
DDD
ZTA

Some of the ones listed previously are not popular but at maybe a few schools.

By: panlove
by: Too many trollsMay 17, 2019 1:02:30 PM

So someone from Texas who attends Arkansas is trolling the Old Miss page because we are dying to know her opinion? Interesting.

By: Too many trolls
by: Just TrollsMay 17, 2019 4:05:55 PM

The majority of the comments on the Ole Miss page are not Ole Miss students. Alabama, Arkansas, and Florida troll the Ole Miss page like stalkers just shy of a restraining order. However the biggest trolls are the Ole Miss Mommies, this is where they can feel some superiority in the meaningless lives.

By: Just Trolls
#15  by: Yep   

Top 5 sororities in the south KD, CHIO, ZETA, ADPHI DDD- THen its DZ, KKG

But no one thinks of phi pi or DG as top five

By: Yep
by: TruthMay 28, 2019 9:08:05 AM

To repost this AGAIN....DZ is not a top southern sorority honey..

Top SEC and southernsororities are:

University of Florida- Zeta. Adphi, KD, DDD, DG

University of Georgia-- KKG, Phi Mu. Theta, Adphi and KD

University of Kentucky-Thera, Chio, DG, Adphi , DDD

University of Missouri- pi phi, Chio, DDD, Theta KKG

University of South Carolina- adphi, KD, chiO, DDD , Zeta

University of Tennesse- KD, Tri Delta, Phi Mu, (Dz- Aopi- toss up)

Vanderbilt- Theta, Kappa, DDD, KD, pi phi

University of Alabama- AXO, phi Mu , KD, DDD, Kappa

AUBURN- phi mu, KD, Chi o. Alp6Gam and ADPHI

LSU- KD, DDD, Chio, Alpha Gam DZ

Ole Miss-KD, DDD, Phi Mu, Chi , Dg or KKG

Mississippi State- KD, Chio, Phi Mu, DDD, DG

Texas A&m- Zeta,KKG, DDD, DG and ChiO

This is for the SEC schools - however KD, Ddd, Phi Mu and ChiO are the strongest sororities overall in the south\n\n\n\n\n

I would rather be a DG any day over a DZ! DG has deep Mississippi roots. DZ isn't anywhere on this list period.

By: Truth
by: Honey BunnyMay 28, 2019 10:33:48 AM

Lol, I love it when the Mommies call everyone ‘honey’ to emphasize their point......,

By: Honey Bunny
#16  by: Agree   

Town and county list tri Sigs Badge as cool not that they are a top tier sorority and Phi mu is listed as the coolest house - again not top tier AOPI is listed as the largest and Theta for the most celebrities- OP didn't really read the article- it's not the best of the best sororities but the best aspects of each of those sororities listed that are worth celebrating- something greekrank never does.

By: Agree
by: SaraJun 1, 2019 5:26:07 PM

I have a friend who goes to ECU in NC and is a Tri-Sig there and it’s top there, but that’s the only good chapter they have.

By: Sara
#17  by: Too much   

I think some of you have gotten WAAAy too into this! Just be happy where you are and WHO you are for heaven's sakes. This almost sounds like crazy people having a conversation! Extremely immature and childish at best!

By: Too much
#18  by: OOS   

AOII has more chapters than any sorority in North America.

By: OOS

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.