facebook

alpha phi

by: Help

I am a pnm and one of my favorite houses was Alpha Phi. Why does every one talks so bad about them on this site? I thought that they would be a top house until I saw some of the comments. Is it really that bad??

Posted By: Help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Stop   

Every house is wonderful in its own way. Also, if you really are a PNM and you're truly basing how you feel about a house off of greek rank you're probably gonna hate your greek experience for the next 4 years lol

By: Stop
#2  by: Yes!   

I loved aphi I don't care what anyone says I want it!

By: Yes!
by: Go Greek!Sep 19, 2017 9:42:46 PM

That's all you can do. Whichever Sorority you end up in you will make it your own. Being a part of Greek Life was one of the best decisions I made here at Ole Miss, and I really hope everyone who wants to can also be a part of it.

By: Go Greek!
#3  by: @ Help   

You need to make up your own mind. That is the entire point of rush! I liked them too, My only concern was that I heard they didn't have a house mom. I think it's a good option for some students bc my friend told me that they don't cut for gpa.

By: @ Help
by: 411Sep 20, 2017 7:25:04 AM

They do have a housemom. I know this is their 3rd year on campus. Not sure if gpa thing is true or not. I went back last night and made a real connection with the active who talked to me.

By: 411
by: aphiSep 20, 2017 9:05:31 AM

We absolutely do have a house mom and she is wonderful!!

By: aphi
by: @alphaphiSep 20, 2017 10:32:01 AM

My friend explained that you had cameras up in your house instead of house patent at night. So that's untrue? You house mom is there at night?
THANKS!

By: @alphaphi
by: aphiSep 20, 2017 11:21:02 AM

house mom has an apt in the house!

By: aphi
by: Go Greek!Sep 20, 2017 11:39:08 AM

It's really important to not listen to rumors about any of the houses. Most of the negative stuff on here is just rumors/someone being catty. All the sororities here are amazing! Alpha Phi is newer but they have shown they are capable of recruiting good members and they contribute in a positive way to Ole Miss Greek Life.

By: Go Greek!
by: @aphi + Go GreekSep 20, 2017 2:50:25 PM

Thank you, I really appreciate your responses, and I agree that gossip is unhelpful. It certainly doesn't reflect the truth or predict a PNM's personal relationship with any particular chapter. Great advice.

By: @aphi + Go Greek
by: JujubeadsJul 21, 2021 1:39:43 AM

Just because the houseman had an apartment in the house it didn't mean she was staying there at night. This became known by other houses (house moms) on campus.

By: Jujubeads
#4  by: Hmm   

Because they are new, and have made great strides in a short period of time!!!

Other sororities feel threatened.

That is usually why people stereotype and bash sororities.

You can have a great experience in any house!!!

By: Hmm
#5  by: gorebsxoxo   

most people like to hate on alpha phi because they are jealous of their hot members and new house. they seem to have a great sisterhood and are very well liked among the frats. the alpha phi's are known to have a good time

By: gorebsxoxo
by: Not an aphiSep 20, 2017 3:39:52 PM

bump

By: Not an aphi
by: AgreeSep 30, 2017 9:30:41 AM

This is my first time on this site and I am truly shocked at how nasty some of you people are, really!!
What I am reading between the lines is nothing more than jealousy.
Why wouldn't any of you be happy for any girl to have the opportunity to be a part of a sorority that she connected with, and enjoy the "Sisterhood" that each group prides themselves on.
These posts are nothing more than caddy , nasty posts. People wake up and stop this evil chit chat.

By: Agree
#6  by: My thoughts   

Some of the hate toward Alpha Phi is only because they were new - and that's like putting a target on someone's back around here. However some of the issues Alpha Phi did to themselves when they came on campus. They almost immediately starting posting on this site and others that they were 'hot' and they were going to be Top Tier. So..... that got the GreekRank trolls (Mommys) all excited. It also meant that everyone was now watching every move they made. Personally I think they have done well and have already shown they are successful with recruitment. The Top Tiers are always nervous - which is evident with the constant battles of their Moms on this site. The Middle Tiers tend to just want to do their thing and be left alone so they probably aren't as concerned if Alpha Phi joins them in the Middle Tier. Of course ADPi and Theta would be understandable confused as to how Alpha Phi came in and passed them up - although I think Theta no longer cares what anyone thinks. This is just my opinion for what it's worth.

By: My thoughts
#7  by: Absolutely!   

we are a top house!

By: Absolutely!
#8  by: .   

I was an alpha phi for a year recently. I received a COB from this house about a week after rush occurred. Not only was no one welcoming at all, they literally didn’t include me in anything. I would show up for rush practice or CASA practice or even date parties and I would go to check in and I literally was never put on the list like ever. Secondly, not only was I just forgotten about during those time, when big/little came around for the COB I was completely forgotten about again. It just seemed like they don’t really care about who is who. There are houses on campus where you can visibly see the sisterhood show through, from the outside sure alpha phi looks great, but I couldn’t tell you a thing about the sisterhood because from my point of view it’s not what it seems. Lastly, the amount of girls that has dropped this year really shows that i’m not just a salty girl, it’s for real.

By: .
by: …Jul 24, 2021 10:29:58 PM

Didnt the alpha phi Michigan university document say that aphi under reports members nationally so they can recruit more and be bigger chapters… wonder if they weren’t listing you as a member altogether

By: …
#9  by: Omg   

So funny. The camera thing was true and they got caught and had to make changes. Four of them got arrested for vandalism. Image going and spray painting someone’s car-who would do that? Aphi that’s who.

By: Omg
#10  by: Whew   

Would hate to be the aphi that has to keep coming back to post comments. Even worse to be one having to put up with it face to face every time you tell someone your house

By: Whew
by: I know right?Jul 22, 2021 8:07:33 PM

Since you're already here making/bumping/responding to yourself on post after post full of hate for them, how would you manage to fit it in your busy greek rank schedule?

By: I know right?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.