facebook

pnms read this

by:    

The following is copied from another thread. PNMs may want to read this and take it to heart.
Good luck!!!

Rebelette says:

"I'm not going to debate you on the merits of each house. I could see myself in any house because I've met wonderful women from all of them.

I just want to point out that your sweeping generalizations are exactly why pnms will be nervous wrecks during recruitment and feel like their futures are being determined over the course of a danged week. Absolute nonsense. You are fanning the flames of their anxiety and fears AND TEARS on bid day. To what end?

The real sad thing is not getting a bid to your favorite house but declining the bid because you've listen to simple-minded gossip. The people spreading this simplistic and reductive view of different houses does not actually care about pnms. They don't care that if you outright reject all the houses on rebel drive or vice versa that you may miss out on the joy of being asked to join a sorority and meeting people, leadership opportunities, fun parties, and fundraising for very important causes. My sincere hope for all PNMs is that you will not let these gossiping fear mongers win and steal your joy! This week is yours for the taking. Do not let anyone else (whether online gossips or girls on your hall or someone's mom from Jackson) take this experience from you. No one else should define your happiness! HYDR - go get 'em!"

Posted By: Rebel
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I feel sorry for PNMs who stumble across this site. This makes Ole Miss Greek life look so toxic. Sadly, the ones who are on here bashing everyone are obviously insecure, but it's hard to rationalize that when you are nervous and intimidated by the recruitment process. I remember reading some of the crap on here and wishing I knew who wrote it so I could avoid their sororitys.

By: So True
#2by:    

This post literally brought tears to my eyes. Thank you!
Do not let anyone take this experience from you.
HYDR - go get 'em!!

By: Yes
by: FlimFlam   

I was amazed at all the sororities yesterday and would love to be invited back to any of them. The only person that made a bad impression was the girl in my group who tried to gossip about houses before we even went to them. But even she can't take this experience away from me. Thank you for good advice.

By: FlimFlam
by: Would hate to be her   

We had one in our group also. I just hope I don't end up in the same sorority that she ends up in. I just won't be able to forget how rude she was, in fact that is the only thing I will probably ever remember about her.

By: Would hate to be her
#3by:    

PNMs make this your mantra...

"Do not let anyone take this experience from you.
HYDR - go get 'em!!"

By: Reb
by: @Reb   

Yes! If we look at the numbers that the three sororities some students consider the most desirable & we hear about endlessly on this dumb site will take as a group about 300 pnms, that leaves 1200 pnms who also deserve to have a happy recruitment week and join a sorority where they have all of the opportunities that greek life offers. Date dashes, sisterhood events, philanthropy fundraisers, Theta Encore, leadership positions, etc., etc. are not limited to three or four houses. Every single sorority offers these events + a house full of prospective friends.

It's just misguided and mean to imply that 300 girls get a sorority experience but the other 1200 aren't deserving. It's similar to college admissions. Yes, I may have wanted to get into another school, but it didn't happen and I've been surprisingly happy at Ole Miss! To an overwhelming degree, our attitudes determine our satisfaction in life. Don't let some harpy's bad attitude determined yours.

By: @Reb
by: bimbam   

Bump! Read it and weep, PNM - actually, read it and DON"T WEEP! Have fun! This advice is t he damned truth.

By: bimbam
#4by:    

Best post in the site, PNMs Have a great rush!

By: HYDR
#5by:    

I remembered this post from when I went through rush and thought it could help some other PNMs.

By: Molly

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

Unless you end up in KD

By: Giggle
#7by:    

Bump!!

By: Yes!
#8by:    

The gossip on this site isn't going to help you make the right decisions for a happy four years or put you in a positive frame of mind for bid day. Most of posts on GR are by girls you don't know and who don't have a clue what you're like and they use this site and manipulate PNMs to self-rank and hurt other houses. Please don't let yourself be used. Take charge of your own decisions for ranking and trust you own opinions.

By: Leslie Nope
#9by:    

Doin the bump!

By: Becky with the good hair

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.