facebook

alpha phi

by:    

So I am going to be attending Ole Miss in the fall and have been following all 11 sororities and decided that I really want to be an Alpha Phi should I bother going through recruitment or should I just COB and save some time?

Posted By: seniorrr
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Hmmm, picking a sorority from social media? Never a good idea. You also need to know that just because you want that one, doesn't mean you will get that one. Ole Miss recruitment is tough, even for the newer sororities. You need a reality check, if indeed you are serious and not a troll.

By: Hmmmm...
#2by:    

APhi has been doing a ton of COB's this year because they are new and trying to get their numbers up, but will most likely not do as many next year. I would just go through regular rush. Plus, if you do it that way you get to run home and have a real bid day.

By: don't cob
#3by:    

There is no way you can know which sorority you want to pledge just by 'following'. I also can't imagine a High School Senior even asking such a question about joining any Sorority through COB. So I am going to guess this is Alpha Phi warming up with a little pre-recruitment marketing. A+ for effort though.

By: And so it begins....
by: ^^^^^   

Agreed, and they do it on other school's sites, too.

By: ^^^^^
#4by:    

And....Alpha Phi proves my point....

By: Yep
#5by:    

This is the original poster and I really am a senior from the Jackson area and want to be aphi because they're new and I really feel I could go in and find my place in leadership . I'm not a legacy any where else so I know it will be hard for me to become a leader. But I guess not now that I see how badly aphi is thought of I guess I should just go through normal recruitment. Thanks for the advice

By: Seniorr
by: to OP   

I get that there might be more opportunity to be a leader in a new chapter - but that's not a reason to pick them. You might not like them, they might not think you're a fit for them! Choosing a sorority based on its social media is like picking a job based on its written description. It's gotta be a mutual choice and that only happens in person. There are plenty of opportunities to be a leader even at the most established chapters. Maybe not as easy as at a new one, but if that's what you really want to do, you will find a way.

As for not being a legacy, I know tons of girls who have become leaders both in their houses and on campus that weren't legacies -- and some didn't even have any connections to a sorority. If being a legacy were requisite to being a leader in a house, there would be very few leaders. Go through recruitment with an open mind and you'll hopefully find your home. Best wishes.

By: to OP
by: @op   

Trust me no one writes a novel that ^ long to convince someone NOT to rush a different sorority unless they are intimidated

By: @op
by: No, just no.   

The response to the OP was very nice and only Alpha Phi would turn it into one their insecure blah, blah, blah "We only know to bash everyone". No one, and I do mean no one is intimidated by Alpha Phi.

By: No, just no.
#6by:    

We will COB you!

By: Absolutely!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.