facebook

how many girls don't get a bid at all?

by:    

I'm rushing next year, and i'm going into it with an open mind. I have a 8.8 GPA, a 30+ ACT, and i'm really social. The only thing is, I don't know anybody who goes to Ole Miss because i'm from OOS. I'm not a legacy and i'm from OOS so I don't really care what house I get into. I'm just curious, how many girls don't get bids at all? I really just want to be a part of the greek life, but are my chances good at getting a bid to ANY house?

Posted By: OOS
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

As long as you get letters of recommendation to as many houses as you possibly can, then you should be fine! I'm not going to lie there are houses here that require connections to get a bid, but not all. And don't listen to all of the "tier talk" on here. I'm in what people consider a "lower" house and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else! Don't be afraid to meet actives once you're a student here and do not psych yourself out by reading some of the stuff on here. Just be yourself and things will work out. Best of luck to you!!

By: rush
#2by:    

You'll be fine!

By: rebluv
#3by:    

I wouldn't completely freak out about the possibility of not getting a bid. As long as you keep yourself well represented, get all recs turned in early, and can be friendly and open minded during recruitment you can almost bet that you'll recieve a bid to at least one house. I wasnt the best pnm! I knew no one and turned my recs in like the day before they were due. I did have very similar GPA and ACT scores though. I worked my ass of during rush to represent myself well and I had two houses left at the end, one that's usually considered a "top" house. You got this girl! No worries :-)

By: Don't Stress
#4by:    

Just o be clear, what exactly does a 'clean reputation' mean? And 'connections'? Is that just having friend and or knowing people in the house?

By: Rep

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Ckear   

Clean means you have a fun and respectable social media. No drinks, no pictures with tons of different guys, no partying references.
At ole miss connections doesn't just mean knowing girls in houses... you have to know lots of girls in houses to have people speak up for you... and if you want Tri delt, chi o, or KD you have to know ole miss alumni in those chapters to get you in.

By: Ckear
#5by:    

Thanks - it was a serious question. "Clean reputation" just sounds like something from the 50s/Grease, like you had to be a virgin or whatever.

By: Rep
by: Well   

KD is still strong on virginity and no drinking. Chi O is okay with both as long as you are a MS legacy.

By: Well
#6by:    

I'm in a sorority at Ole Miss and I rushed fall of 2016. I was told 90% of girls get bids, and the ones who don't get bids usually are the girls who dropped out of rush throughout the week.

By: anonymous
#7by:    

I want to rush when I go to Ole Miss, but I don’t live in the south and I don’t know anyone in sororities. What can I do to get a better chance at getting a bid?

By: anonymous
by: Depends   

How are your grades?

By: Depends
#8by:    

The way recruitment is run now means that every women who goes through rush and completes the process and signs her bid card (following the rules) WILL get a bid. This is due to a newer method that allows for quota additions. You do not need to worry about not getting a bid. Of course, there is no promise you will get your top pick, but you will get one of the two houses you list on your bid card.

By: C.
by: Wow   

About 1250 get bids. Recruitment is usually 1800 or more going through each year. This year AXO could take 400 members if they wanted because they aren’t established yet-however they would run the risk of being like Aphi and having lots of members drop each year, taking low gpas, an having a reputation problem on campus.

By: Wow

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.