facebook

is rush impossible?

by: transfer

From what I'm hearing, rush at IU is impossible. I'm not stunningly pretty, nor am I rich. Transferring from New England, I know no one so there's no connections. Is rushing really as impossible as it seems? Is there hope for the girls with the personalities(as awful as that sounds)? Is there a sorority that really picks by personality and not looks

Posted By: transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: honestly   

it helps to know people, but it's not everything. if you're genuinely interested in rush then go for it. a lot of out-of-state kids that i met rushed and got into houses not knowing many people in greek life and also don't worry, you'll meet a ton of people during the first semester so don't feel like you're at a total disadvantage. rush is tough and intense, but if you are true to who you are, you will fall where you are supposed to. yes, there are sororities that do care about looks, but there are also ones that don't care about looks at all. rush is rigorous, but if you're open to all sororities, then it's not impossible.

By: honestly
#2  by: No   

Forget what people say. You'll be fine. If you're normal and can carry on conversation you'll be fine. There's 22 sororities you will find one that fits with your personality

By: No
#3  by: bro in the know   

Its "possible" for almost anyone to get a bid, but I think the above posters are downplaying the reality a bit.

The chances of getting a bid at IU in terms of pure statistics are among the worst in the country. There just aren't enough bids for the number of girls who want to rush, I think its around 50%.

You're right, many girls go in as legacies or know people from high school. Rushing some houses just isn't worth it going up against girls who basically already have bids, unless you are very attractive. Going in I would be very realistic and honest to yourself about where you can get a bid, this probably means a mid to lower tier house and thats fine.

If you really want to be part of Greek life in college, and cant stand the thought of not getting a bid, then I'll be honest and tell you that IU is a bad choice for someone in your position.

By: bro in the know
#4  by: truth   

How about you read the other topics... this has been dicussed 1,000 times

By: truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.