facebook

iu greek life

by: GDI

Has anyone ever joined a frat or sorority without knowing someone in the house first? This school's greek life is so political it's insane. I honestly have never heard of anyone getting in anywhere without a connection

Posted By: GDI
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: mlj   

I am from out of state and did not know anyone and I just received a bid from a fraternity. I got asked back to events for both larger and mid size fraternities but decided to focus on smaller ones...good luck

By: mlj
#2  by: yess..   

I got a bid to a top sorority and did not know anyone

By: yess..
by: toptierFeb 13, 2014 12:56:11 AM

You're probably a smokeshow then

By: toptier
#3  by: meetoo   

Me and many other girls and guys I know got bids without knowing anyone in any houses.

By: meetoo
#4  by: yes   

I didn't know anyone in my top 2/3 of my three party houses

By: yes
#5  by: JRH   

Very true. Gotta have connections, like most things in life. But I agree it's really flawed.

By: JRH
#6  by: IU_bro   

It's better to be from out of state and not know anybody than to be in state and not know anybody, people like to assume that anybody from Indiana went to Carmel or somewhere close. (I went to a small HS not near Indy or Chicago). It can be very tough to get a bid (damn near impossible at a top house) going up against guys from Carmel/HSE/Cathedral who know dudes everywhere.

By: IU_bro
#7  by: hahah   

you will always be a geed

By: hahah

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.