facebook

bid

by: rush

i didn't get a good turnout from the previous rush and im thinking about rerushing as a sophomore. if i know a lot of girls in a certain sorority do you think i have a better chance this year?

Posted By: rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: fingers crossed   

Honestly there is no way to know for sure. Keep your grades up and your reputation good. Sometimes sophomores can be at a disadvantage because they have done things that make them less desirable. Keep in mind that a few friends in a chapter are only a few votes among 120+ votes, they can only do so much. Chapters taking sophomores depends on how many freshmen they took last year, how many seniors they had graduate, and if they had any girls drop over the summer. Good luck!!

By: fingers crossed
#2  by: my $.02   

By saying that you did not get a good turnout from the last rush, I'm going to go on ahead and assume that you probably had options. You just weren't happy with them, so you decided to drop out. In that case, you have no reason to complain. Chapters invited you back but you thought that you were too good for them/above them, and you thus paid the price. However, if you went all the way to 3 party and ended up bidless, then I am very sorry and I applaud you for wanting to go through recruitment again.

Either way, knowing "lots of girls" is never an automatic guarantee. Think about how many girls know girls who are currently in chapters. I wouldn't bank on that, but I would work on GPA, conversation skills, and looking presentable. We all know that recruitment is not impossible as a sophomore, you just have to be a lot more strategic in the way that you go about it in order to see maximum return on what you invested.

By: my $.02

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.