facebook

what happens during welcome week?

by: What jappens

Just wondering

Posted By: What jappens
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Welcome    

Typically everyone just picks up there textbooks and goes to wells to read them every night to prepare for the year

By: Welcome
by: groanAug 18, 2013 9:53:52 PM

You NEED to do just that, might help you figure out when to use their/there/they're. Oh, your sentence structure sucks also. You are on the wrong campus.

By: groan
#2  by: Jahsg    

Pre rush and most frats have parties until end of syllabus week

By: Jahsg
#3  by: Heads Up   

Most of the top frats wont let any freshman in during welcome week. Don't even try ATO, Beta or Sig Chi. It should be a red flag if a house is letting you come over during welcome week.

By: Heads Up
by: @heads upAug 8, 2013 12:19:03 PM

ATO always has a ton of freshman over... Beta and sigma chi don't because they do a dry rush anyways. most houses have some freshman over if they know brothers already

By: @heads up
by: uhhAug 8, 2013 2:38:14 PM

I've seen a few freshmen at beta welcome week parties for the past couple years.

By: uhh
by: uhhAug 8, 2013 2:38:14 PM

I've seen a few freshmen at beta welcome week parties for the past couple years.

By: uhh
#4  by: Important   

@HeadsUp is right. Unless you know someone very well, you will not get in Sigma Chi, Beta, or ATO. There's always a few freshman, but they either know people well or have a bid on lock before school even starts. Fiji will already have its PC so even less will get in there. PiKapps is the most lenient, but you'll still probably need to know someone.

Trying to sneak in will get you blacklisted for rush.

By: Important
by: fyiAug 8, 2013 7:05:29 PM

its called blackballed

By: fyi
by: @fyiAug 8, 2013 10:23:08 PM

its called blacklisted. pledges get blackballed, not rushes.

By: @fyi
by: actually..Aug 9, 2013 12:21:07 PM

I actually rushed last year and Pi Kapps was one of the most difficult houses to get into even during rush. ATO is rather easy, and since Sigma Chi does dry rush, parties are irrelevant.

By: actually..
by: @actually..Aug 9, 2013 1:10:59 PM

Pi kapps has enough brothers that a lot of freshman can just walk in cause nobody is quite sure who is a brother and who is not. I dunno what you were doing wrong cause its about as easy to get in to as DU.

By: @actually..
#5  by: ^^^   

what about girls

By: ^^^
#6  by: wisdom   

they are asking about welcome week not rush. huge difference. for rush most guys will have parties where tons of freshman are invited. a few do dry rush (i think beta and sigma chi do) but most will have some ragers and butter you up. not the case during welcome week. you wont get into any good houses (except maybe pikapps) unless you are directly inveited by a guy in the house

By: wisdom
by: What?Aug 9, 2013 11:22:41 PM

Nobodies talking about rush

By: What?
#7  by: Alpha   

Ladies, if you're a freshman, do not try to crash pairs. It looks bad and girls do remember, especially exec and sobers at the parties. Wait until it opens at midnight (if it does) or wait until guys rush starts, because most frats open rather early those weekends. But like I said, do not show up if you aren't in the sorority. You'll have your time, next year.

By: Alpha

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.